My biggest mailday ever Honus Wagner Autograph style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggmack2001

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Hello all
This is one of my dream pieces and I hope I have more older HOFer autos coming in the future as this may have me hooked. Commenst welsomed.
AJ
I will start with this. Picked this up for $43.00 DLVD. Considering that this is #ED 44/76 and he is the 44th president and the last one sold for $90.00+ that was a huge steal.
ObamaBarack1.jpg

ObamaBarack1A.jpg

Now for the the big one
.INTRODUCING
HONUS
WAGNER
And others

Autos on this are
ARKY VAUGHAN HOF
HONUS WAGNER HOF
LEE HANDLEY
JIM WEAVER
WAITE HOYT HOF
BUD HAFEY
JEWEL ENS
Front
WagnerCut.jpg
Front Closeup
WagnerCut1.jpg
Wagner Closeup
WagnerCut2.jpg
Vaughan Closeup
WagnerCut3.jpg
After some research the back appears that someone was keeping score at a 1936 Sacramento Solons AA PCL Game
WagnerCut4.jpg
Back Closeup
WagnerCut5.jpg

Is that Waite Hoyt below Wagner? Lee Handley is also a very tough auto and Jewel Ens is even tougher.

That Wagner is sweet....but I'm like Curt - Arky Vaughan is FANTASTIC! I bought one of his only GU pieces off of eBay a few months ago (2008 Prime Cuts BAT #/99) - set me back about $20.

Congratulations on such an awesome piece. The scorecard on the back adds plenty of personality (and might even eventually land you an official date of the signatures!:eek:)

Tim

That Wagner is sweet....but I'm like Curt - Arky Vaughan is FANTASTIC! I bought one of his only GU pieces off of eBay a few months ago (2008 Prime Cuts BAT #/99) - set me back about $20.

Congratulations on such an awesome piece. The scorecard on the back adds plenty of personality (and might even eventually land you an official date of the signatures!:eek:)

Tim
I have narrowed it down to the 1936 season and I found one interesting thing with my research. Peters on the back in the scorecard is Rusty Peters who played part of 10 years in the Majors from the mid 30's to the mid 40's and he passed away in 2003 in Harrisonburg VA which was the city in which the person I purchased it from is from. Wondering if it belonged to him and he acquired the autos.
AJ

Looks like Ens died in 1950. That could be a toughie for those seeking him (although he didn't have much of a career to speak of). Handley died in 1970, but had a few decent years.

Round it out with Weaver (D. 83) and Hafey (D. 86), probably somewhat more difficult to find although neither were stars.

Hoyt is a very easy auto to find cheap.

Vaughan drown in 1952 and Wagner died in 1955, both tough and high priced, but Vaughan is especially tough having died so suddenly just 4 years after retirement and only 40 years of age! Wagner was 81 when he died and already a HOFer for nearly 20 years.

Is that Waite Hoyt below Wagner? Lee Handley is also a very tough auto and Jewel Ens is even tougher.

Looks like Ens died in 1950. That could be a toughie for those seeking him (although he didn't have much of a career to speak of). Handley died in 1970, but had a few decent years.

Round it out with Weaver (D. 83) and Hafey (D. 86), probably somewhat more difficult to find although neither were stars.

Hoyt is a very easy auto to find cheap.

Vaughan drown in 1952 and Wagner died in 1955, both tough and high priced, but Vaughan is especially tough having died so suddenly just 4 years after retirement and only 40 years of age! Wagner was 81 when he died and already a HOFer for nearly 20 years.
Thanks for the info. Ens is actually a HOFer of the Intyernational League if I remember correctly.
AJ

Very nice pick up! Thanks for sharing.................I love that stuff from the 1930's...................Very unique, indeed..................Mike

I picked up a cobb a few years back on a cancelled check. In my oppion that is the way to go for a cobb auto. They are signed in green with his full name Tyrus R Cobb

VERY VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!!
Very jealous!!!!!
I want a Wagnor very bad

Jason

I picked up a cobb a few years back on a cancelled check. In my oppion that is the way to go for a cobb auto. They are signed in green with his full name Tyrus R Cobb

VERY VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!!
Very jealous!!!!!
I want a Wagnor very bad

Jason
Whats up
Cobb is next on my list I think and it will be a green auto.
AJ