My latest 1987 Topps update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ha...gald you the Fielder in...technically it was a sale/trade of sorts I guess...i found a Fielder auto on Beckett for $11 total, so I just bought that to replace my 87 Topps so I could let it go to you for your set...kinda like a 3 party trade with no player to be named later lol.

enjoy reading your articles though...best of luck in finishing it up...with TTM's you just have to hang in there and brave the slow times....also, the ones you have sent out that got no returns, you might want to try re-sending to spring training addys....seems like a lot only sign there now for some reason.

ha...gald you the Fielder in...technically it was a sale/trade of sorts I guess...i found a Fielder auto on Beckett for $11 total, so I just bought that to replace my 87 Topps so I could let it go to you for your set...kinda like a 3 party trade with no player to be named later lol.

enjoy reading your articles though...best of luck in finishing it up...with TTM's you just have to hang in there and brave the slow times....also, the ones you have sent out that got no returns, you might want to try re-sending to spring training addys....seems like a lot only sign there now for some reason.

Thanks again for the Fielder, pretty sweet card and signature. Since I only started this in November, I'm trying to be patient with some of the holdouts. I'm always reading on here about returns coming in a year or two after they were originally sent and those that come back after long waits are the ones I enjoy the most. I'm thinking that after a year, I'll start writing some of these guys off and try again.

That said, do any of you guys know of specific players/managers that are known to sign only during spring training?

Thanks again for the Fielder, pretty sweet card and signature. Since I only started this in November, I'm trying to be patient with some of the holdouts. I'm always reading on here about returns coming in a year or two after they were originally sent and those that come back after long waits are the ones I enjoy the most. I'm thinking that after a year, I'll start writing some of these guys off and try again.

That said, do any of you guys know of specific players/managers that are known to sign only during spring training?

Sandberg is one off the top of my head that you might want to try.