My PC Collection: R.A. Dickey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stang66dad

Prospect
I guess this is the best time of any to show off my stuff that has taken me years to collect. Yes, years, I've been collecting R.A. for a long time now, since 1997. Now that he mowing everyone down I find its only appropriate to brag a little ;)... Enjoy! The full gallery is on photobucket http://www.photobucket.com/DickeyPC! And my PC website is in my sig! Check em both out! :)!
DSC_0078.jpg
DSC_0056.jpg
DSC_0047.jpg
DSC_0052.jpg
DSC_0054.jpg
DSC_0095.jpg
DSC_0096.jpg
DSC_0099.jpg
DSC_0082.jpg
DSC_0083.jpg

Awesome collection! I remember seeing it back a year or two ago when he was still relatively a no-namer. What do you think your increase in value is? 3-5X?? I bet trying to pick up new cards on eBay has become a whole different ball game too lol. But seriously that is sweet!

I bought his VERY VERY rare 2004 UD USA Red auto (/10) for $15 a year ago or so. Only one i have ever seen. Another one went for $150 the other day on Ebay. Not to mention a couple of black autos (/180) have popped up and they are approaching the $100 mark. Insane and a nightmare for me but I am enjoying RA's success by far. I'm just glad I have managed to obtain all of these rare cards before this happened hahaha

When I hear his name in the news (which seems to be all the time now) I think about you and your collection. It's nice when a collector goes to the time, money and effort to collect a no name player then they start having some success. I hope for your sake and his that he can maintain this level of play for a long while.

Congrats!

Melissa

I recall making a small PWE trade sometime last year and loved seeing your collection and glad to see it going strong.

Need these?

2012 Bowman Gold 160
2011 Topps Target Retro 66

You never know... he's got Tim Wakefield written all over him! Not an elite, primetime, in-the-spotlight career but super steady along the way.

I don't think you need any convincing but, keep it!

Last edited:
Haha thanks everyone! I'm never letting go of this stuff hahah no amount of money will change that lol and thanks to those who have contributed!

Tribe: I'm good on those, thanks!

A guy on Beckett forms has a 2012 GQ mini yellow plate that he wants to trade me with but I dont have anything that he would like (or good enough for that matter) Not sure what to do on this one hahahaha

That's a really cool collection you have. Glad to see that your going to hang onto it. The kid is from here (Nashville) and we're all really excited for him. Not many MLB pitchers from Tenn. (Cain and Dickey). Both guys seem to be really nice down to earth guys. Keep up the great collection.:)

Gary

Here's an update. Got a few things the past couple days. I got another autographed prayer card since they are so rare, and a couple AECO sketch cards as well. Thought they were a unique item :) I also found an old auto'd newspaper clipping from his USA days. Here are some pcs:

photo163.jpg
photo162.jpg
photo161.jpg
photo15.jpg
photo16.jpg

I have a couple more things incoming too :) My frame is getting too full now hahaha My 1/1 shelf has now spilled over!!

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online

No members online now.