My Topps problem - HELP? (Home Run Legends)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tigsfan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I have 2 of the 2012 Topps Home Run Legends redemption cards that could be redeemed at local hobby shops for the card around March. I think you either know what I'm talking about or not by now, so I'll just move on.

I took these cards to my shop at the correct time and was told that they got lost in the mail, so he didn't have them (but told me to hold onto them and he will honor them later). I also find out that he has been calling Topps to try and get them replaced, but they claim that there is no inventory to send him. Finally he told me about a week ago that he does not expect to get anything in from Topps, meaning that my cards are pretty much wasted.

Is there anything I can do to get them directly from Topps? Is there at least a shop owner out there that still has their inventory so I can the cards that I deserve from Topps? Any other thoughts?

Hi Buddy! I just called my local hobby store..they still have all of the Home Run Legends cards. You can mail me the cards and I'll get them for you...Best regards, David

I have to say, this whole thing sounds kind of shady. Not you Zack, either Topps or the shops. My LCS said the almost the exact same thing, he didn't get in his inventory and they didn't have anymore to ship him... everything nowadays is shipped with a tracking number, I find it hard to believe they just disappeared..

I have 2 of the 2012 Topps Home Run Legends redemption cards that could be redeemed at local hobby shops for the card around March. I think you either know what I'm talking about or not by now, so I'll just move on.

I took these cards to my shop at the correct time and was told that they got lost in the mail, so he didn't have them (but told me to hold onto them and he will honor them later). I also find out that he has been calling Topps to try and get them replaced, but they claim that there is no inventory to send him. Finally he told me about a week ago that he does not expect to get anything in from Topps, meaning that my cards are pretty much wasted.

Is there anything I can do to get them directly from Topps? Is there at least a shop owner out there that still has their inventory so I can the cards that I deserve from Topps? Any other thoughts?

At least your LCS knew of the promotion - I called the three shops closest to me (all listed on the Topps website as "their" dealers) and not one of them had any clue about the redemption program.

at leaset you have a shop to redeem them to, my closest shop is 230 miles away, and all my business is done through charmcity. they dont redeem that ive ever seen. and maybe its not every shop doing it too? but for tops to sluff off a dealer like that is odd and it sucks. atleast dave can help ya out thats the good news.

Hi Buddy! I just called my local hobby store..they still have all of the Home Run Legends cards. You can mail me the cards and I'll get them for you...Best regards, David
Great! I posted it up as free cards + SASE. I will have it out to Cali. on Tuesday.

I have to say, this whole thing sounds kind of shady. Not you Zack, either Topps or the shops. My LCS said the almost the exact same thing, he didn't get in his inventory and they didn't have anymore to ship him... everything nowadays is shipped with a tracking number, I find it hard to believe they just disappeared..
I agree on this shady business, and I'm blaming Topps for this one. He got the 2011 Prime Nine stuff last year, so it's not like nothing ever arrives. I do feel a tiny bit better knowing that I'm not the only one with this problem.

At least your LCS knew of the promotion - I called the three shops closest to me (all listed on the Topps website as "their" dealers) and not one of them had any clue about the redemption program.
Maybe they never got their cards in too. :p

at least you have a shop to redeem them to, my closest shop is 230 miles away, and all my business is done through charmcity. they dont redeem that ive ever seen. and maybe its not every shop doing it too? but for topps to sluff off a dealer like that is odd and it sucks. at least dave can help ya out thats the good news.
If you read the back of the card it states "a list of participating Topps Home Team Advantage stores in your area is available at www.topps.com". That makes it sound like all of their official LCS's should have the cards. Interesting theory as I think they want to help the LCS's get more business through the promotions...

If anyone else needs help with these, let me know. We have 2 shops that both have a good number of these left.

Duane
Duane, it's good to offer since it sounds like I'm not the only person with this problem. After seeing the replies I would think you have seen a few PM's already.:p

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about !!

Less than two weeks from original post and tigsfan has his cards in hand thanks to the generosity of one of the many great members here.

The Bench, the best damn trading card site Period !