My Unofficial Bucket 'guidelines'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
What are people's pet peeves concerning photobucket/picasa accounts?

I have a few that come to mind:

1. "I want to scan these, but am not going to take the time to it right". More than 1 card in an image. I realize it's time consuming and boring to cut and save individual cards. If you're trading higher-end stuff, it's worth the hassle. You can stick 9 junk autos on one page, but I have no desire to have to squint to see your Montana and Rice autos.

2. "Is anything for trade in this?" Bucket. With folders...there is no use for a Not for Trade (NFT) folder only to have a VHTG (Very Hard to Get) and a VVHTG all in the same bucket. Have one album listed PC, NFT, HTG and call it good. As much as someone may think it, EVERY card is tradeable, it's a function of price and what you're getting in return. I have yet to see this be unproven.

3. "Who is that?" Bucket. It's very easy to title a scan. At least give me the last name of the player, even more important if more than one card is in the scan (point 1). There are hundreds of WR's for the 49ers over the years, I don't need or want to click every one seeing if it is a Rice I need.

4. "Express myself" Bucket. I realize they allow custom backgrounds. Don't add some crazy edgy image that actually takes away from the cards you are trying to show off. White, Grey, Black, Blue...simple backgrounds make for a much more pleasing viewing experience. I have actually just closed out of more than a few due to not being able to see where the background stopped and the actual card started.

Just some random guidelines. Feel free to add your own, battle my thoughts, etc...maybe this will help someone out down the line.

Agree !00% with the using a title and 1 card per image. (This coming from someone that hasn't even taken the time to have a bucket).

If I see someone that likes to use the phrases "come strong for this one, VHTG or VVVHTG" I just go somewhere else. History has proven they will be almost impossible to strike a deal with.

Good calls on all of those. I really agree with the no title/9 per scan rules. I hate waiting for them to load and then see that I wasted my time looking at something that I have no real interest in.

haha, I think that of anyone who even uses that terminology as well. VHTG? I don't care how hard it may be to get. It's either available or it isn't. If I have something you want, it may be easy to get!

If I see someone that likes to use the phrases "come strong for this one, VHTG or VVVHTG" I just go somewhere else. History has proven they will be almost impossible to strike a deal with.

i use multi card scans at times to show my hits from a box break...other than that i pretty much agree with what you say.

Yeah, "Come strong" and "VVVHTG" Really? Don't care for those. Either you are showing off, or you will turn down ALL offers.

Agreed on all points. I prefer buckets, but only when they are done correctly. I am not bragging, but my picasa album (not a fan of photobucket) is the correct way to create a bucket.