My Wife's Dream Come True

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaddie84

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
MyPCBox.jpg

My entire sports card personal collection now fits into a 3200 count box :D.

I still have a few "small" piles of stuff I'm selling/trading off and cards on/uploading to COMC.

As I'm typing this...I just realized I have another row's worth of Twins stuff sitting out. I'll get there eventually! :D

Last edited:
Currently have about 35 of thoses boxes in my closet......and more cards spread out in other rooms......planning on getting it down to under 20 boxes!! Best regards, David

Currently have about 35 of thoses boxes in my closet......and more cards spread out in other rooms......planning on getting it down to under 20 boxes!! Best regards, David

Hi David,

That's how it used to be for me between my PC, trade-bait and commons. I'm not that organized, so I found myself doing a lot of digging to find stuff. I love looking through boxes like this, though. It just got to be too much stuff/space at some point.

I've seen a few collectors' garages/storage areas which push 100+ of these size boxes. My wife is pretty patient with me most of the time, but I think that might put her over the edge (she's pretty neat, I'm kind of a slob :p).

-Chad

Don't let your wife talk to mine! I would consider myself an organized person but still just have so much stuff sitting around. Would love to thin it out a little but some items (base, inserts, etc) are hard to move as are cards that are not brand new unless there is a player/team collector out there or someone just need #46 of the 2000 Fleer Focus set.

Dewayne

Talk about pinpointing you collecting goals! Even if I dumped all my commons and semi stars that I didn't necessarily care about, all my vintage, stars, oddball sets, autographs, Dodgers, Raiders, Vikings, Steve Garvey and such still fill piles and piles of 5K boxes!! I am a true pack rat and can't see my collection taking up any less than a room (which I am not down to now), ever.

Hmm I'm not quite there, my PC fills 7 3200-count boxes, 7 3-row "shoeboxes", 7 real shoeboxes (that, you know, shoes came in), and about 15 binders. I just like too much stuff to fit it all in one box!
Richard

Wow, I'm going the opposite direction, lol. As a set collector, I enjoy anything, even commons. I probably have 32,000 commons gone through and even more than that to go through yet. Probably have 20,000 commons I can't get rid of very fast. Best bet for me getting rid of commons is 100 for $1. It's a slow process but people just do not want to pay $8 for an 800 count box.

Curtis

I think I have shown these before. Not updated recently but you get the idea.

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

This is the closet in my computer room/spare bedroom. And yes my wife is VERY understanding.

Thanks,

Jeff

I think I have shown these before. Not updated recently but you get the idea.

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

This is the closet in my computer room/spare bedroom. And yes my wife is VERY understanding.

Thanks,

Jeff

That looks pretty organized to me. When I had volume like that, it ended up spread out in piles in the office, the living room, the kitchen counter...everywhere. I'm not organized enough to put that kind of volume way like that.

Wow, I'm going the opposite direction, lol. As a set collector, I enjoy anything, even commons. I probably have 32,000 commons gone through and even more than that to go through yet. Probably have 20,000 commons I can't get rid of very fast. Best bet for me getting rid of commons is 100 for $1. It's a slow process but people just do not want to pay $8 for an 800 count box.

Curtis

I'm to a point where I don't touch commons anymore. I used to do the regular Topps sets, but the oddball SPs got too pricey and obscure for my liking. Most of the product I bust is mid-level Panini FB, which has a pretty basic 100 card base set of only the top-names which I don't even bother with. These end up on the counter at the LCS to trade for another pack or two. Or I will do the "single-pack" products, which usually have numbered base, which are pretty easy to move. When I do end up with a box of base I don't know what to do with, the LCS owner has been very kind to take them off my hands and give me some store credit to boot. He makes grab bags out of them, which others can appreciate.

Hmm I'm not quite there, my PC fills 7 3200-count boxes, 7 3-row "shoeboxes", 7 real shoeboxes (that, you know, shoes came in), and about 15 binders. I just like too much stuff to fit it all in one box!
Richard

Shoeboxes FTW :D. My old nike shoeboxes could fit 3 rows perfectly. It was only recently that I discovered the 1600/3200/5000 boxes. The best part is being able to cleaning fit screwdowns and top-loaders in a box now.

Talk about pinpointing you collecting goals! Even if I dumped all my commons and semi stars that I didn't necessarily care about, all my vintage, stars, oddball sets, autographs, Dodgers, Raiders, Vikings, Steve Garvey and such still fill piles and piles of 5K boxes!! I am a true pack rat and can't see my collection taking up any less than a room (which I am not down to now), ever.

I cut way back even in terms of PC too. I had a pretty LARGE Liriano collection, but ended up moving most of the base/SPs and have only held on to the hits and really unique cards. I've also started to get away from current players and am focusing on nicer cards of retired players, which has led to "trading up" and less cards overall.

Don't let your wife talk to mine! I would consider myself an organized person but still just have so much stuff sitting around. Would love to thin it out a little but some items (base, inserts, etc) are hard to move as are cards that are not brand new unless there is a player/team collector out there or someone just need #46 of the 2000 Fleer Focus set.

Dewayne

I'd like to think there's a collector out there for every name/team, but they can be hard to find. As long as you have the room, it's definitely doing the hobby a service to the player/team collectors out there.

Only organized because those are the complete sets. That does not show the working inventory at all. I have a card table in that room with 3 or 4 3,200 count boxes on it.

Thanks,

Jeff

that is so cool that you got them all in one box! i wish i could get all my PCs in one box. this weekend i might just go get an empty 5,000 card box and say whatever fits in it ill keep and whatever doesnt, ill sell and trade! that way i will have to pick only my top 5,000 cards to keep in my PC. that might be great motivation to downsizing for me!

MyPCBox.jpg

My entire sports card personal collection now fits into a 3200 count box :D.

I still have a few "small" piles of stuff I'm selling/trading off and cards on/uploading to COMC.

As I'm typing this...I just realized I have another row's worth of Twins stuff sitting out. I'll get there eventually! :D

Interesting. I got most of my PC in boxes in a storage closet along with boxes of dvds and other odd items. My wife's dream would be to see my entire PC go up in a bonfire. :(

Interesting. I got most of my PC in boxes in a storage closet along with boxes of dvds and other odd items. My wife's dream would be to see my entire PC go up in a bonfire. :(

My wife appreciates the hobby. She'll bust boxes/cases with me. She's just very tidy, so leaving random piles of cards laying around bothers her.

I'd sell it off before she'd set it on fire. There's probably a few dollars in that box.