N F L Triple Threads

hdjstuff

5.00 star(s)
N F L Triple Threads

2 mini boxes - 7 cards per mini box
Every mini box contains an auto'd relic and a relic card - one of which is a Triple Relic!

I received these:

Base cards: 6

Forte, Newton, Flacco, P. Manning, Hilton, and 'the stomper' - Suh

Triple Threads is a premium issue and the cards are super thick. The image and background on the base cards is a bit dark for my taste. I do like the Triple Threads logo... pretty good looking! The reverse of the card has person stats, '13 stats, and career stats. Also on the reverse is a writeup called Triple Take - 3 highlights of the player's career.

I believe the base set is 100 cards. I'm not sure if there are historical players included - the 6 base I received have no retired players among them.

This could be a fun set to assemble and collect. One will need to purchase a pile of master boxes or chase them on the 'bay!

Inserts

Parallels

Maroon? #ed to 399

Quinn and R. Wilson

Green / Red

Green - #ed to 199 - Showboat (former Texas Tech player) - Crabtree
Red - #ed to 50 - Rod Streater

Relics

Jumbo Relic - Dri Archer #ed to 99
Triple Relic - D. Ferguson #ed to 36

Autos

Auto/ Relic

Tom Savage #ed to 99

Triple Relic / Auto

Dri Archer #ed to 99

Sweet card with a fantastic 5 color patch piece - part of the Steelers logo!

Triple Threads is a great issue for the player collector - not so much for the set builder. With several numbered parallels of each card - you should be happy with the chase. I still contend that a premium issue should have on card autos and not stickers - save the stickers for the base sets.

Lots of work went into the design of the Triple Threads with each card having a good amount of foil imprinting.

The Archer Steeler patch piece sealed the deal for me as far as being a very good issue -- Overall grade for Triple Threads A.

Go buy several mini boxes and hopefully you'll pull an even better patch piece than I did!

Duane

bdink25

5.00 star(s)
Not bad looking cards. Any of the autos on card?? Would be interested in any Steelers if available as usual. Thanks. Plmk thanks Butch

hdjstuff

5.00 star(s)
The autos I received are both stickers. If you want the jumbo patch of Archer - it's yours. Post as free.

Duane

cjay101

5.00 star(s)
I think for the price point for a full box of those I would have yacked all over the counter if I had opened that one!

I like the Steelers patch, but two Archers (being the best cards in the box) on top of an O-Line jersey, a project QB auto. Ouch.

Don't get me wrong, the product is fun to break, but it's one of those 'lottery ticket' products. I have only broke a few Triple Threads boxes over the years and haven't pull anything extravagant nor horrid.

I completely 100% agree on Premium issues being on-card only. All because they are in a hurry to release Topps X, Y, Z, X2, Y2, Z2, etc.....just make about 7-10 releases, and have 4-5 be premium on-card only, and then 1 ultra expensive super crazy junk that everyone will buy the singles they want on ebay.

bdink25

5.00 star(s)
Duane, thanks for the card. I'll post in a few. As cjay said below, it's a real hit or miss. I can't afford to even think about trying any of it. Hope to hit something for you. Thanks Butch
The autos I received are both stickers. If you want the jumbo patch of Archer - it's yours. Post as free.

Duane

Sponsors