Nearly Finished Set Needs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for looking over the lists. How about a 91 Denny's #14 Dawson? Please post if up if this works. Thanks, Al

Well, I already have that one unfortunately. I looked at your trade list on the website. The only one I know I don't have is the 2005 Throwback Threads Generations #G16. I checked your list and I have 5 you're missing from 96 Summit Above & Beyond #96,132, 144, 149, 167

Go ahead and post what you think is fair.
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,
I've set the Generations G16 aside for you. Thanks for finding the 96 Summit Above and Beyond's. I've been working on that set for quite a while and would really like to pick up all of them if possible.

Found another Dawson among my extras and wanted to see if you need this one - 93 Finest #84.

Also I'm heading to a show this Sunday, so if you would confirm that your 2012 Topps Heritage list is current, I'll see if I can possibly put a dent in that. Please let me know. Thanks, Al

Al - found these on your list:

11 Topps Chrome Refractors – 170(Hosmer)
11 Bowman Chrome - BCT 5(Taillon)
10 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects – BDPP 80(Pomeranz) (I have it as BDPP82 though)
08 Bowman Gold – 69(Bonderman),172(Ch Jones),190(Jeter)
07 Bowman Gold – 37(Bannister)

Will have to check on the golds for sure as I only need a few myself for those sets, but I've pretty much given up.

My wantlist is linked in my blog here now, except for some Topps Lineage refractors I still need:

2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #19 Larry Walker
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #23 Carlos Zambrano
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #27 George Sisler
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #40 Stan Musial
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #60 Reggie Jackson
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #70 Carlos Santana
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #73 Kosuke Fukudome
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #85 Al Kaline
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #86 Carlos Gonzalez
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #90 Tris Speaker
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #91 Brent Morel
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #92 Clay Buchholz
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #97 Aaron Hill
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #114 Dustin Pedroia
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #118 Pedro Alvarez
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #120 Ichiro Suzuki
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #144 Roy Campanella
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #146 Freddie Freeman
2011 Topps Lineage Refractor #187 Justin Verlander

Let me know if we can work anything out. Thanks - David.

Hi David,
Thanks for checking out my lists.
Found these from your wantlists.
2012 Topps Chrome X-Fractors #2 Craig Kimbrel
2011 Topps Chrome #217 Mike Minor (RC) x2
2009 Topps Chrome #213 Andrew McCutchen (RC)
2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects #BCP117A Wil Myers
2002 Topps Chrome Traded #T180 Jose Bautista RC

Please let me know if you still can use them all and we'll see how close we are. Thanks, Al

Hi David,
Thanks for checking out my lists.
Found these from your wantlists.
2012 Topps Chrome X-Fractors #2 Craig Kimbrel
2011 Topps Chrome #217 Mike Minor (RC) x2
2009 Topps Chrome #213 Andrew McCutchen (RC)
2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects #BCP117A Wil Myers
2002 Topps Chrome Traded #T180 Jose Bautista RC

Please let me know if you still can use them all and we'll see how close we are. Thanks, Al

Al - I have a pending trade with Pfinder for the Kimbrel x-fractor, so I don't need that one. I could use the others as long as they're not off-center, especially the McCutchen. I've tried trading twice already here for that one and have received badly off-center ones. So, as long as they're centered well, could use all of the rest (and I will have to check centering on my Hosmer and the condition of the golds as those seem to get dinged up pretty easily, so I'll make sure mine are all good as well). I still have a Beckett subscription for now, so I'll see how it matches up. Thanks - David.

i have the finest already. the Heritage list is current. I don't have access to the price guides right now. Is the book on the Above and Beyonds with the Strawberry that much more than the Generations card to warrant additional since they are major stars? I did pull the Strawberry card last night to check to condition on it. it has what i would consider very slight staining on the back and mild dings in 2 corners. So only include the A&B in the trade value. I send the Strawbery with them and you can decide if it's ok for your collection. No need to add value for the damage. Go ahead and post a trade if that already gets us to a comparable value.

I have most of the base cards for Dawson. Most needing odd ball cards and stickers along with the parallel stuff.

Thanks, Jonathan

Hi David,
Checked the McCutchen, it is not perfectly centered, a bit off left to right. I'll wait to hear back. Thanks, Al

Hi David,
Checked the McCutchen, it is not perfectly centered, a bit off left to right. I'll wait to hear back. Thanks, Al

The Hosmer is not perfect either - maybe 33/67 L/R. The other golds and everything seem fine.

The 7 cards I have for you = $22.25 (includes the Hosmer). Taking out the McCutchen, the other 4 for me are $22. I'll wait to hear back from you whether a) you still want the Hosmer and b) you want to trade the Bautista which by itself is $15 (the closest card I have for you is the $8 Hosmer). Let me know. Thanks - David.

It probably makes more sense for me to hold off on the Hosmer for better centering as well. Let's just go with a smaller deal.

2011 Topps Chrome #217 Mike Minor (RC) x2 $1 each
2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects #BCP117A Wil Myers $5

for:
08 Bowman Gold – 190(Jeter) $6
07 Bowman Gold – 37(Bannister) $1

I'll see if I can pick up others for you at a show this weekend, however let's go ahead and get this posted up if it works for you.
Thanks, Al

It probably makes more sense for me to hold off on the Hosmer for better centering as well. Let's just go with a smaller deal.

2011 Topps Chrome #217 Mike Minor (RC) x2 $1 each
2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects #BCP117A Wil Myers $5

for:
08 Bowman Gold – 190(Jeter) $6
07 Bowman Gold – 37(Bannister) $1

I'll see if I can pick up others for you at a show this weekend, however let's go ahead and get this posted up if it works for you.
Thanks, Al

Al - trade posted. Thanks - David.