Need advice on cards!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockies9fan

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I have $125 to spend on cards, so I'm going to get 2011 A&G Which is $79 so I'll have $46 left, so I want to get something else and I want your opinion on what I should get. Below are some I have been considering.

2011 Topps Series 2 Baseball Hobby Box $46.90
2010 Topps Chrome Baseball Hobby Box $40.95
2008 Topps Updates & Highlights Baseball Hobby Box $32.99
2007 Topps Series 2 Baseball Retail Gravity Feed 48pk Box $27.99
2007 Upper Deck Artifacts Baseball Hobby Box $41.99
2007 Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Combo Baseball Fat Pack Box $19.99
2009 Upper Deck SP Authentic Baseball Retail Box $39.99

I really liked 2011 Topps Series 2, has a nice bang for your buck with lots of different and interesting inserts.

I'd also say stay away from 2010 Topps Chrome, I personally never bought a box but I heard a lot of horror stories from those who did.

Thanks to who have responded so far I think I'll wait for a day or two and see what is picked the most.

I would go with 2010 Topps Chrome. You could pull a stanton, heyward, castro, santana, etc. Auto rookie. Just my opinion. :)

I agree stay away from 2010 topps chrome a lot of off centered cards and the chrome "curve" is horrendous on most. Other than that are you looking to make a set out of the other box or just looking for tradebait? If you are looking for trade bait I would go with 2011 if not go with Artifacts that is always a nice looking set.

topps 2 had some nice pulls for me. i pulled a ryne sandberg leather nameplate for me hobby box. and the cards wre nice looking, well enough for a topps product. but it also depends on what you want like stated before. i would consider a retail box of your liking but then either save the remainder and build up for another retail box later or using the leftover in COMC and get the cards you really want without the other junk that topps always puts out.

just my 2 bits.

dave