Need Help Identifying Oddball Chipper Jones Cards - Venezuelan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ragtop12

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Can someone identify any of the below cards? No idea what they are. My guess is Venezuelan stickers or something, no clue. Thanks!
Obed

ChipperFront.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~olewis/scans/ChipperFront.jpg

ChipperBack.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~olewis/scans/ChipperBack.jpg

I've done a lot of digging and never seen any of those designs before. Where did you find them?

The middle card stats are 2005....so guessing printed in 2006..... It's a start, if ya got the others from the same person safe to say they are in the same year..... Hope it helps

I got them in a large lot of Chipper Jones & Greg Maddux cards. There was an older Maddux Venezuelan RC sticker in the lot, which I sold for mega bucks... these I can not identify though

There is/was a Mexican baseball magazine called "Solo Beisbol", so it is possible the first one was clipped out of an issue of that. If that is the case, I'd love to track them down. I'll ask r2d2 (the Mexican card collector, not the droid) if he is familiar with it.

Also, I found that Google translates "colcomanias" directly as "stickers", which is great to know as I'd only known them to be called "estampas" or "estampitas", which is basically just "stamp" but was occasionally used interchangeably with "tarjetas" for "cards". That should help me search! ...which reminds me, I need to do a blog post on common hobby terms in all the countries that have cards.

Thanks so much for the info and looking into this for me. I am typically good at figuring things out, but these three baffle me.

There is/was a Mexican baseball magazine called "Solo Beisbol", so it is possible the first one was clipped out of an issue of that. If that is the case, I'd love to track them down. I'll ask r2d2 (the Mexican card collector, not the droid) if he is familiar with it.

Also, I found that Google translates "colcomanias" directly as "stickers", which is great to know as I'd only known them to be called "estampas" or "estampitas", which is basically just "stamp" but was occasionally used interchangeably with "tarjetas" for "cards". That should help me search! ...which reminds me, I need to do a blog post on common hobby terms in all the countries that have cards.

OK got a reply form Venezuelacards... however, need it translated, lol

1 – Cards ilegal – No autorizada
2 – Cards SC 2006 Solo Béisbol – Lo mejor de las Grandes Ligas - Serie de editada en Venezuela para ser distribuida en el mercado local, de origen desconocido, una serie que originalmente pretendía sacar 8 barajitas por cada equipo de las Grandes ligas, se lanzó una primera serie de 16 equipos Los Angelinos, Bravos, San Luís, Tampa Bay, Dodgers, Cleveland, Marlins, Mets, Nacionales, Orioles, San Diego, Boston, Colorado, Detroit, Medias Blancas, Yankees aunque tuvo buena acogida en el público, era muy fácil de hacer y tenía como competencia al álbum “Lo mejor del Béisbol” descrito anteriormente. Solo salió esta primera parte de 128 cartas con un tamaño de (86x59 mm), no traían numeración
Este se distribuyó en bolsas con 100 sobres, cada uno con la cantidad de 3 barajitas, con un precio al Público de Bs. 200 el sobre.
3 - SC 2005 Lo mejor de las Grandes Ligas - Serie de editada en Venezuela para ser distribuida en el mercado local por Dicocentro en dos parte, una serie de cartón de 200 cartas y una serie de papel de 117 barajas, con un tamaño de (56x37 mm) las primeras y las de papel con tamaño de (69x47 mm), set compuesto en total de 317 cartas.
Este se distribuyó en bolsas con 100 sobres, cada uno con la cantidad de 3 barajitas, una de cartón y 2 de papel, con un precio al Público de Bs. 150 el sobre y 200 Bs el álbum para las de papel. En los sobre se incluían barajitas premiadas con juegos de Ludo, Bingo y sobre.

with help from Google Translate
1- Self explanatory, kind of like Broder's cards

2 - SC 2006 Solo Baseball Cards - Best of the majors - Series published in Venezuela for distribution in the local market, of unknown origin, a series that was originally intended to take eight barajitas for every Major League team, was launched a first series of 16 teams Los Angels, Braves, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Dodgers, Cleveland, Marlins, Mets, Nationals, Orioles, San Diego, Boston, Colorado, Detroit, White Sox, Yankees though I was well received by the public, It was very easy to do and had the competence to the album "Best of Baseball" above. Just came out the first part of 128 cards with a size (86x59 mm), did not bring numbering
This was distributed in bags of 100 envelopes, each with the amount of 3 barajitas, with a price to the public of Bs. 200 the envelope.

3 - SC 2005 Best of the majors - Series published in Venezuela for distribution in the local market for Dicocentro into two parts, a series of 200 cards cartons of paper and a series of 117 cards, with a size of ( 56x37 mm) and the first paper to size (69x47 mm), set consisting in total of 317 cards.
This was distributed in bags of 100 envelopes, each with the amount of 3 barajitas a cardboard paper and 2, with a price to the public of Bs. 150 and 200 B of the album for paper. In about barajitas rewarded with Ludo games, Bingo and included.

The almanacs we have in print these days don't do a very good job documenting cards from outside North America- I think there are a few good internet resources but I'm not sure there is a one-stop resource. Doubt a book would be cost effective to produce.

The almanacs we have in print these days don't do a very good job documenting cards from outside North America- I think there are a few good internet resources but I'm not sure there is a one-stop resource. Doubt a book would be cost effective to produce.

This is where it is doubly frustrating that Beckett doesn't care and Sports Collectors Digest failed to comprehend the Internet. Whenever I can work out checklists for non-American sets, I post them to the SportsCardForum.com Inventory Manager, but it's really only designed as a collection inventory system and doesn't work well as a reference guide.