Need Help with my Google Sites Tradepage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scobes

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Hey Everyone -

I'm having an odd little issue with my Google Sites tradepage:

https://sites.google.com/site/scobestraders/home

I try to update my tradepage regularly, but it usually seems to be every month or so. But in the past couple of months, I've had a few people ask about cards from my webpage that were traded 6+ months ago, yet my website had been updated several times since that card was gone. Why are they seeing an old version of my site? Is it not updating correctly? Is there something on my end I'm not doing right?

For example, I used to have a 2013 Topps Chasing History Cal Ripken Relic, which I traded, I believe, sometime at the end of 2016. Same thing with a 2004 Ultra Mike Piazza GU I used to have. When I look on my website it shows these cards are gone, but they say they can still see them.

Let's try it out: On the Baseball GU page of my site, which of these cards do you see?

https://sites.google.com/site/scobestraders/baseball-traders/baseball-game-used

-2004 Ultra Season Crowns Game Used Platinum 142 Mike Piazza
-2004 UD Vintage Stellar Stat Men Jerseys Curt Schilling
-2013 Topps Chasing History Relic Cal Ripken

If it's completely updated, you should be able to see only one of these GU.

It's frustrating because I update my page and people still see old cards of mine. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Scobes

When I go through the link you provided above, I only see the Schilling. Same thing when I click your tradelist link in your signature, and click on the Game Used, I only see the Schilling.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! That does help, since that is the most updated version of my site!

Scobes

Nice well-organized site. The thing I like about using Google Sites is the search. You don't have to navigate through all the individual trade pages. For example, I can just search "Sano" on Scobes site and I immediately see a hit for "2017 Topps Heritage #436 Miguel Sano SP (MIN) ($5)" on his Inserts/Parallels/SP page. But I didn't have to go hunting for it through all the sub pages, it took me exactly one click to find it.

Nice well-organized site. The thing I like about using Google Sites is the search. You don't have to navigate through all the individual trade pages. For example, I can just search "Sano" on Scobes site and I immediately see a hit for "2017 Topps Heritage #436 Miguel Sano SP (MIN) ($5)" on his Inserts/Parallels/SP page. But I didn't have to go hunting for it through all the sub pages, it took me exactly one click to find it.

Hi -

Thank you for your comment! I like the Google site too (outside of the weird reason some people see older versions), but I checked out the search feature and found that the search only tells you which pages have the search item. Yes, I only have 1 Miguel Sano on my site, but if you search Jeter, it would only say 3, but that means 3 of the pages have Jeters on them. I have 12 Jeters on the Star & HOFers page, 5 Jeters on the Serially Numbered page, and 34 on the Inserts/Parallels page. So the search seems to tell you which pages have the search item, but not every single instance. I never really played with the search feature before.

Scobes