Need some help - Topps 2 Diamond Anniversary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djbjinflorida

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hello all - need some help - I have purchased several Scott Kazmir Diamond Anniversary cards - take a look at the scans - one of the cards has Kazmir superimposed across the diamond finish and the other one has the diamond finish covering the superimposed pic of Scott Kazmir.

Is this a variation or just a print problem? Have any of you seen this on others in this set? Thanks for any info on this. Danny

2011ToppsDiamondAnniversary632Inv1Front.jpg

2011ToppsDiamondAnniversary632Inv3Front.jpg

Kazmir

grat question, i hope someone knows the answer, I have noticed this also on a few of my cards.

Thanks glad someone else is seeing the same sort of thing - I have 5 of these Kazmir cards - two have the diamond design across the entire card and three have Kazmir superimposed across the diamond design. Just didn't know if this is a real variation or if this is a printing issue on some. Danny

Hello all - need some help - I have purchased several Scott Kazmir Diamond Anniversary cards - take a look at the scans - one of the cards has Kazmir superimposed across the diamond finish and the other one has the diamond finish covering the superimposed pic of Scott Kazmir.

Is this a variation or just a print problem? Have any of you seen this on others in this set? Thanks for any info on this. Danny

2011ToppsDiamondAnniversary632Inv1Front.jpg

2011ToppsDiamondAnniversary632Inv3Front.jpg

its an error - they forgot to knock out the outline of the player on the foil plate when it went to press.
not sure if there are many - but it's a pretty cool error.

Thanks would be interested if any of you are seeing this on other players as well, actually of the 5 copies 2 are this way, 1 of the normal cards also show a few of the diamond designs showing through slightly.

I have a few that show sparkle through the player a little but not to the extent of that Kazmir which I think looks pretty darn cool.