Need some tips from oddball/player collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

worldwideed

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Does anyone have any idea where I can look for these cards besides the obvious ebay, beckett or 'try googleing it'.

1989 Alaska Goldpanners All-Time AS '80s Team Issue #34 Alvin Davis
For this one I actually did find the set on-line HERE and it appears that you can buy it. Problem is there is no shopping card, check out method, phone number, or email to get me started. I have contacted someone through twitter twice but he/she is ignoring me.

FOUND
1989 Chattanooga Lookouts Legends II Team Issue #8 Alvin Davis

Last edited:

Thank Howard, I have seen that before but it was unclear if it was just a checklist or for sale since there in no price. I sent him an email anyway, cool thing his he is a member here so maybe I'll get an expedited response.

is this what your asking for?
http://www.goldpanners.com/Secure/Scratch-n-Spit/index.htm

i have a friend in fairbanks who may know or be able to go to the booth if you need them to at a game to get cards, i can ask, cant garentee anything but i can ask him.

I may take you up on that if my internet solutions don't pan out before the next season starts.

Who sets up such an elaborate site with so much to sell and then doesn't include a contact link???

Odd!

Looks like a bunch of Winfield, Bonds and other stuff.

I noticed Alvin Davis was featured in one of the yearbooks too. Was not sure if it was a card or just in the yearbook. If you ever reach the site, you can clarify.

I still need the McReynolds from that set too; if you scrounge up the set, I'll toss you two bucks for the McReynolds.

Does anyone have any idea where I can look for these cards besides the obvious ebay, beckett or 'try googleing it'.

1989 Alaska Goldpanners All-Time AS '80s Team Issue #34 Alvin Davis
For this one I actually did find the set on-line HERE and it appears that you can buy it. Problem is there is no shopping card, check out method, phone number, or email to get me started. I have contacted someone through twitter twice but he/she is ignoring me.

1989 Chattanooga Lookouts Legends II Team Issue #8 Alvin Davis
Totally lost, I can't find any record that this set even exists. When I google it in a year I expect to find this thread as the first result.
Note: Hello future Ed, you look good. Can you believe that (insert event here) happened.

Try this phone number? (907) 750-0099 I found it on one of the pages:
http://www.goldpanners.com/Secure/index.html

Thanks for the tips everyone. We'll track these down eventually.

Try this Ed.

http://minorleaguesingles.com/

Good Luck.

-Brett
I have an email into them now.
He says he's out of stock
Try this phone number? (907) 750-0099 I found it on one of the pages:
http://www.goldpanners.com/Secure/index.html
I will try that if I don't hear back from minorleaguesingles soon
Good Luck.

Ed, do ya need this:

2003 (I think) Bowman Raul Ibanez

PLMK.
Well normally I would need the exact year but since I have all his bowman base I can already tell you that I have it.

P.S. from earlier.
I have found a 1989 Chattanooga Lookouts Legends II Team Issue set online for $24, it's my last option over the single but at least I know it's out there now.

P.S. Edit
Hahahah, there are 6 on beckett for under a $1 each. I guess I'll get one of those. I swear I check that all the time but these got by me.

Last edited:
Dave Weber does have some of the Goldpanners cards, I got three of the Winfields from him earlier this year.

He only had a Chat. Lookouts card for me but @ $2 dlvd I jumped on it. No just need the Goldpanners card. I'll likely be calling that number tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any luck, I'm still missing one of the Winfields!

Looks like the Goldpanners finally updated their site so you can order stuff. :)
My 1989 Alaska Goldpanners All-Time AS '80s Set is on the way. :) :)

The following will be avilable when the set comes in.
24. Barry Bonds $2
25. Don Heinkel $0.50
26. Bob Sebra $0.50
27. Ron Romanick $0.50
28. Mike Harkey $0.50
29. Dan Plesac $1
30. Oddibe McDowell $1
31. Joe Magrane $1
32. Kevin McReynolds $1.50
33. Luis Medina $0.50
35. Shane Mack $0.50
36. Harold Reynolds $1.50

03-24_bonds_double.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! It's about time they put their store online. Got two sets on the way. One more Winfield left to pick up from them, but it will have to wait until my Paypal balance is replenished.

Thanks, but I found there were actually 2 or 3 I need, all part of the yearbooks that ring up for $15 each.