Need Suggestions on What to Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7timecy

HOF
5.00 star(s)
I want to buy myself some wax for my Christmas, looking to spend 1000-1500. What is the best place to buy and what would you buy. Its been 15 years since I busted a case, was really thinking about that but it would be hard to buy a good case for that amount of money. I thought about Diamond Kings but I have busted 2 boxes and can't trade that stuff away.

Well, if it were me, I'd buy a case of 2020 A&G. I'd choose that, though, because that's what I collect.

If I were you, I'd try to find something with the best chance at getting HOF GU and autos, or something that has DJ LeMahieu and/or Mike Trout cards that you don't already have.

Also, it's just personal preference on where to buy your cards but I almost exclusively buy at Dave and Adam's Card World.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but what you're asking could possibly get you 20 difference answers and none of them would be the same. You just have to find something that'd be best for you and your collection.

I also get myself a few boxes of the Topps updates to break open or you can wait for the sales on ebay for the prospects and buy a few lots of the hot prospects. Its like the stock market....sometimes you get burned and some times you hit the jackpot! I had my shares on both sides.....last one paid off when I purchased 10 Juan Soto US300 on ebay for $70.00. Forgot about them until this year and then he cards shot up.....sold them $299.00 (individual cards were going for about $40.00). Best regards, David PS I would love to say bowman draft but the prices for the boxes (jumbo or super Jumbo) keep going up.....if buying a case...I would check out the prices on blowout and other dealers and good luck!

Well, if it were me, I'd buy a case of 2020 A&G. I'd choose that, though, because that's what I collect.

If I were you, I'd try to find something with the best chance at getting HOF GU and autos, or something that has DJ LeMahieu and/or Mike Trout cards that you don't already have.

Also, it's just personal preference on where to buy your cards but I almost exclusively buy at Dave and Adam's Card World.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but what you're asking could possibly get you 20 difference answers and none of them would be the same. You just have to find something that'd be best for you and your collection.
That is exactly my thought, by something where I can pull what I collect. There is one problem with that theory, I have the worse luck when it comes to pulling good cards. I will check Dave and Adams for their prices. Thanks DG
I also get myself a few boxes of the Topps updates to break open or you can wait for the sales on ebay for the prospects and buy a few lots of the hot prospects. Its like the stock market....sometimes you get burned and some times you hit the jackpot! I had my shares on both sides.....last one paid off when I purchased 10 Juan Soto US300 on ebay for $70.00. Forgot about them until this year and then he cards shot up.....sold them $299.00 (individual cards were going for about $40.00). Best regards, David PS I would love to say bowman draft but the prices for the boxes (jumbo or super Jumbo) keep going up.....if buying a case...I would check out the prices on blowout and other dealers and good luck!
Thats awesome about the Soto's David. Back in the early 2000's I knew one dealer that sold on ebay and he would open more than 100 cases of Bowman chrome and sell massive lots for investors. I cringe when I think and remember all the Trout rookies I sold. Nothing I can do about it now though. Thanks for the insight. DG

Much like Mike suggested, buy something you'll like weather you get a big hit or not. I buy very few boxes anymore, but I love A&G so that's what I usually buy.

The big places like D&A, Steel City and Blowout are all fine. Sometimes Blowout has some pretty cool add on type that make the deal pretty cool. I've found that my Local Card Shop usually has better prices than the big boys, if you have one in your area.

Much like Mike suggested, buy something you'll like weather you get a big hit or not. I buy very few boxes anymore, but I love A&G so that's what I usually buy.

The big places like D&A, Steel City and Blowout are all fine. Sometimes Blowout has some pretty cool add on type that make the deal pretty cool. I've found that my Local Card Shop usually has better prices than the big boys, if you have one in your area.
I have bought my last 2 orders from Blowout but I don't know what you mean by "add on". Can you explain. Thanks DG

Black Friday is coming - make sure you wait until then as you might at least get a discount. Blowout Cards, Dave and Adams, and Steel City are all fine. You can also check eBay and they offer discounts sometimes that might help you get a bit more for your dollars.

Triple Threads/Museum Collection is a high risk but you can get some neat cards and some really amazing cards if you get lucky. A cheap case right now is Heritage Minors but you need to be into prospects/rookies for that to be of interest. My favorite product to open this year was Finest Flashbacks but it's not cheap anymore.

In the era of COVID all new boxes and cases are overpriced. I just checked the Baseball Card Exchange website and they have many boxes of products where HOF autos/GU come with more frequency than those of today. Of course like GotMelky said,you can always wait for Black Friday sales too.

In the era of COVID all new boxes and cases are overpriced. I just checked the Baseball Card Exchange website and they have many boxes of products where HOF autos/GU come with more frequency than those of today. Of course like GotMelky said,you can always wait for Black Friday sales too.
Thanks BB, I've never heard of that place.