Need to move salary.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwj20

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
The auto-draft killed me by adding a lot of money onto my books (really killed by David Wells). I need to shed some salary and need a little more reliable pitching.

Looking to move A-Rod, Rollins.

Someone please help!

Thank you,

Pittsburgh Pirates. :D

The good thing is Rollins, Jones, Wagner, and Sanchez are all pending free agents, so you will open up a lot of room if you let them leave. Some of the other players with 2008 contracts on the salary page might have team/mutual/vesting options that may not be in effect depending as well. That A-Rod contract is the killer!

The good thing is Rollins, Jones, Wagner, and Sanchez are all pending free agents, so you will open up a lot of room if you let them leave. Some of the other players with 2008 contracts on the salary page might have team/mutual/vesting options that may not be in effect depending as well. That A-Rod contract is the killer!

Yeah I figured I would grab A-Rod and Rollins and then take spare parts. Lee and Blanton had low contracts. Then I got the bloated Jones, Wells, and a slew of 1-2 million contracts thrown on there.

My next year is wide open. I can replace the big contracts hopefully by backing up my minor leaguers. Jones is out 4 months now (12 million contract... ugh) so that forces me to bring up my stud back up CF from AAA but he's in his last year.

So I don't necessarily need a replacement CF. I need to dump some of this salary I really didn't want in the first place but have to fight with. At least we're not getting hit with huge penalties this first year!

If you are moving these guys I would be interested.
Freddy Sanchez
Cliff P Lee
and possibly
David Wells
Frank Catlalattaattatoototatooata

The only way you are going to move salary and improve your pitching is to give up minor league talent, and I'm not talking about the 24+ year old guys, but ones that have long term excess value. Guys like that CF Mantle are not really long term even if good. I can take salary, and I do have pitching, but I'll have to raid your minors.

I can take on the $17m owed David Wells and give you back 25 year old P Cam Morgan who is in the minors ($440k contract) but numbers are 51stu 51mov 49con. It will cost you 19 year old P Michael Smith and 30 year old utility man SS Guillermo Lopez.

The only way you are going to move salary and improve your pitching is to give up minor league talent, and I'm not talking about the 24+ year old guys, but ones that have long term excess value. Guys like that CF Mantle are not really long term even if good. I can take salary, and I do have pitching, but I'll have to raid your minors.

I can take on the $17m owed David Wells and give you back 25 year old P Cam Morgan who is in the minors ($440k contract) but numbers are 51stu 51mov 49con. It will cost you 19 year old P Michael Smith and 30 year old utility man SS Guillermo Lopez.

James,

If you're still up for it, I would be willing to move Wells with Smith and Lopez for Morgan.

-Justin

James,

If you're still up for it, I would be willing to move Wells with Smith and Lopez for Morgan.

-Justin

Okay, I'll post it.

There were just 5 of 30 teams that are scheduled to spend $3m+ under budget, so there are not a lot of options for those that don't move fast.