Need Vintage help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubsfan203

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Hey all, I've really been wanting to purchase a couple of older cards for a while, but I have absolutely no idea how to go about it without getting ripped off.

I don't really care about who the player is or what team he played on, I just would like to add a couple to my collection. The only problem is, I don't know how to go about it at all. What set do I get? What's a good price? How do I tell if it's authentic or not? The list goes on and on.

I know there are some great vintage collectors on here, so hopefully someone can give me a little insight. Of the sets I've seen, I like the T206 set the most. What would be a reasonable price for one of those that isn't completely beat up.

Thanks!

I usually look at their feedback, usually if it is really good I trust them and most of the time they have a return policy.

There is plenty of information online, available with minimal effort. Sites describing vintage cards, what to look for, values, etc. A quick scan of ebay listings can give you an idea of what they sell for, both current and completed listings.

Your example is a seller with 25,000+ feedback, 100% rating, numerous vintage cards listed now and you might not be able to trust him??? Maybe you should stick with new cards until you learn a little more?