Never Seems To Amaze Me!!!-UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguru14

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I know that comparing one sports card collector with another sports card collector is like trying to compare apples to oranges, but some times trade/sale offers are JUST PLAIN STUPID and these type of collectors should be banned from the internet!!!

I was offered this on another site through PM's

HIS PM
i want from
05 timeless treasures hof au bat mike schmidt
02 upper deck world series heros mickey mantle game used pansts
05 upper deck baseball heros mike schmidt game used
05 upper deck baseball heros cal ripkin gu

MY PM
What are you offering?

HIS REPLY PM
adam laroche gu
ryan howard gu damage
manny ramirez large card gu little damage
eric chavez gu #100

MY REPLY PM
Are you serious? Does it even look like the names you are offering be long in the same building as the cards you want?
------------------------------------------------UPDATE 03/05/10
HIS REPLY PM
just take out the mantle lmk and I might throw in something else

MY REPLY PM
Are you new to this or think that I am new to this? Here are the values of the cards. Tell me why I would trade for anything you are offering especially when 2 of your cards are damaged?

My cards
05 timeless treasures hof au bat mike schmidt-$80
02 upper deck world series heros mickey mantle game used pansts-$120
05 upper deck baseball heros mike schmidt game used-$20
05 upper deck baseball heros cal ripkin gu-$25

Your cards
adam laroche gu-worth nothing
ryan howard gu damage-worth nothing
manny ramirez large card gu little damage-worth nothing
eric chavez gu #100-worth nothing

Last edited:
Forgive me
I forgot to toss in the Mickey Mantle Rookie that has too many creases from me using it as a card in my bike wheels to sound like a motorcycle
Sorry would that work now:D :D :D :D :D

Just don't try to ask for anything more then what they are offering or you'll get the GUILT treatment..

I get about 2 of these a week myself.

I know that comparing one sports card collector with another sports card collector is like trying to compare apples to oranges, but some times trade/sale offers are JUST PLAIN STUPID and these type of collectors should be banned from the internet!!!

I was offered this on another site through PM's

HIS PM
i want from
05 timeless treasures hof au bat mike schmidt
02 upper deck world series heros mickey mantle game used pansts
05 upper deck baseball heros mike schmidt game used
05 upper deck baseball heros cal ripkin gu

MY PM
What are you offering?

HIS REPLY PM
adam laroche gu
ryan howard gu damage
manny ramirez large card gu little damage
eric chavez gu #100

MY REPLY PM
Are you serious? Does it even look like the names you are offering be long in the same building as the cards you want?

I loved naxcom for lists of deals like that. That used to be easy entertainment, reading the buy offers. Wanted: PSA 10 1980 Topps Rickey Henderson, highest buy offer $17

Vintage HOF RC's in PSA 9 or 10 that routinely hit mid 3 figures and sometimes cracked the $1,000 level, and people posted buy offers for $20 or less.

I am sure we get crazy offers all the time, but you ever had something like this? LMK

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?t=301492

I Lol'd literally when I saw that again.. I remember that vaugly.
Anyhow, you had to be thinking... "Que?"

I think the worst offer I had was on that DiMaggio Cut I owned a while back.. I had a $100 offer on it because someone compared it to one of the fake autographs that had hit the market on a sweet spot some years back.
One close behind it was my Heroes Pujols Autograph Jsy 10/10 when I was offered $20 cash!! cash + 3 Mariano Rivera Cards of various years.
I just said no.. and got the guilt trip because a 14 year old kid thought $20 for a NOT GUARANTEED.. even though it was pack pulled.. Pujols Autograph was steep.
A few giggles, but nothing out of the ordinary otherwise.
Zac

I gave that guy a mouth full.:eek:

I Lol'd literally when I saw that again.. I remember that vaugly.
Anyhow, you had to be thinking... "Que?"

I think the worst offer I had was on that DiMaggio Cut I owned a while back.. I had a $100 offer on it because someone compared it to one of the fake autographs that had hit the market on a sweet spot some years back.
One close behind it was my Heroes Pujols Autograph Jsy 10/10 when I was offered $20 cash!! cash + 3 Mariano Rivera Cards of various years.
I just said no.. and got the guilt trip because a 14 year old kid thought $20 for a NOT GUARANTEED.. even though it was pack pulled.. Pujols Autograph was steep.
A few giggles, but nothing out of the ordinary otherwise.
Zac

Give the guy a break. He may have been looking to trade up for one or two of your cards but just kindly say no. He'll figure it out in time.

I would think you should have at least put legitimate BV's next to his cards, and then explain the damage. Seems like you are actually being more cruel then helpful. What if this is a 12 yr old kid who just collects for fun? Is this how Bench members act off the Bench all the time?

First, if I knew what cards they were maybe I would put BV's. Second, why do I need to explain the damage? They are not my cards. Whoever said I was trying to be helpful with this particular person? If he is really 12 then he shouldnt be on the boards to begin with. There is nothing "just collects for fun" about the cards he wants from me and the cards he is offering. If this happened on the Bench my manner would be the same.

I would think you should have at least put legitimate BV's next to his cards, and then explain the damage. Seems like you are actually being more cruel then helpful. What if this is a 12 yr old kid who just collects for fun? Is this how Bench members act off the Bench all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.