New 2011 Hof'ers list really?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Id like to think Larkin would get voted in, but Reds SS dont get alot of love. Compaire Dave Concepions #'s to other HOF SS. And tell me he doesnt belong. But regardless I think all of these guys have a small window right now. With non-roid linked guys such as Maddux, Glavine, Biggio and other's upcoming.

Funny, this went from a who do you think will get in to a who do you want to get in and why. I would like to state that my previous posts were based on the former notion.

Although the sanctimonious, self-aggrandizing, arrogant Baseball Writers Association of America will grandstand and wax moralistic about how Bonds/McGwire/Sosa and others shouldn't be in, the fact is, they should.

Here's your top 10 vote getters this year, in no order.

* Roberto Alomar
* Jeff Bagwell
* Bert Blyleven
* John Franco
* Barry Larkin
* Edgar Martínez
* Fred McGriff
* Jack Morris
* Tim Raines
* Lee Smith

Knew this list was out there somewhere. Thanks for finding it.

* Roberto Alomar - will get in, probably this year
* Wilson Álvarez
* Carlos Baerga
* Jeff Bagwell - tainted by his era, but will be an interesting case
* Harold Baines - will never reach 75%
* Bert Blyleven - same as Alomar. He'll crack through.
* Bret Boone
* Kevin Brown
* John Franco
* Juan Gonzalez
* Marquis Grissom
* Bobby Higginson
* Charles Johnson
* Barry Larkin - is a fascinating case. Might fall short, though.
* Al Leiter
* Edgar Martínez - like Larkin, or, more likely, Baines.
* Tino Martínez
* Don Mattingly
* Fred McGriff - like Bagwell, tainted by his era. Won't get enough support.
* Mark McGwire - will never get 75% of the vote.
* Raúl Mondesí
* Jack Morris - I wish.
* Dale Murphy - I wish too.
* José Offerman
* John Olerud
* Rafael Palmeiro - will never get 75% of the vote.
* Dave Parker - I wish.
* Paul Quantrill
* Tim Raines - I wish.
* Steve Reed
* Kirk Rueter
* Rey Sanchez
* Benito Santiago
* Lee Smith
* B.J. Surhoff
* Alan Trammell - Has a compelling case, but I don't know if it's enough.
* Ugueth Urbina
* Ismael Valdéz
* Larry Walker - tainted by era and by Colorado; has a case, but won't get enough support.
* Dan Wilson

The rest of those guys won't ever get close. The steroids guys -- Palmeiro, McGwire, Sosa, et al -- will never get enough widespread acceptance to get past the 75% marker. Bonds? Maybe, but if it happens, it's going to be borderline.

I think eventually McGwire will end up in the Hall but it won't be until after they let Bonds or even A-Roid in. Won't be anytime soon though that he gets in.

Although the sanctimonious, self-aggrandizing, arrogant Baseball Writers Association of America will grandstand and wax moralistic about how Bonds/McGwire/Sosa and others shouldn't be in, the fact is, they should.

110% agree

Robbie Alomar and Jack Morris should be in, no questions asked. Piazza is a hard one to gauge. He has the numbers (when compared to Bench and the other HOF catchers), but he also was in that PED cloud, and faded away quickly without much celebration.

My bigger question is this:

When guys like Frank Thomas, Jim Thome, Mike Piazza, Ivan Rodriguez, and Ken Griffey Jr. are eligible, how do you not think of PED's? You're saying that they are unequivocally clean, when Arod, Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Palmiero, Ortiz, Manny, Clemens, Pettitte, Belle, Buhner, Canseco, Juan Gone and all their contemporaries were using?

It's going to be a quagmire if a "nice guy" that everyone assumes was clean breaks down and admits to using after being voted in.

Maybe the HOF should begin a "levels of high merit" section of the hall, without voting the guys in.

I would vote for the following players (from the posted list - not leaving anyone out deserving on purpose), of course I am known for believing the Hall is too Elitist already:

* Roberto Alomar
* Jeff Bagwell
* Harold Baines
* Bert Blyleven
* Juan Gonzalez
* Barry Larkin
* Edgar Martínez
* Fred McGriff
* Mark McGwire
* Jack Morris
* Dale Murphy
* Rafael Palmeiro
* Dave Parker
* Tim Raines
* Lee Smith
* Alan Trammell
* Larry Walker

There may be a few more who don't come to mind, but once the stats are reviewed, you see it (Harold Baines, Vada Pinson, Willie Davis, Al Oliver types) and there may even be a few that I have overly favored because they are from my time and I didn't inspect the stats close enough (Walker comes to mind).

This could be a roid argument, but why bother. They may have given users an edge somehow, maybe not. They don't make anyone any more SKILLED at their game. You don't suddenly become a better hitter. Maybe you are stronger and a little quicker and some otherwise outs are now hits, but you still need to hit the ball in the first place. 3 out of 10 is considered great in baseball and PEDs don't get that dome in my opinion.

While we are at it, there are another dozen or more players off the ballot who should be in as well, including Rose and Jackson. Betting on baseball = bad, we get it. Why are we excluding the all-time hit leaders from the hall of fame because of this act done after his on field exploits were through? Is this a moral issue? Nope, we ruled that out with the racists, abusers and other social dirtbags who did make the Hall already.

I don't care though...they are HOFers in my mind. Nobody's opinion is going to change that.

Let me ask you guys this question in therory.

What if someone like Edison Volquez ends up with HOF #'s, he claims his failed test was a drug prescribed to him to aid in getting his wife pregnant. True or not, how do you feel that would affect him 15-20 years down the road. And not just Volquez what about some of the kids in the minors who have failed will it still be discussed if they got a shot and went a Pujols/Arod/Bonds tear?

Bottom line:
Steroids do not make a great player. They take a great player and
make him a little better. To keep these guys out of the hall would
be saying that steroids are to blame for there sucess. If we follow
this lodgic where does it end? Next it will be caffiene,tobbacco,etc.
I'm not saying they should not receive some flack about taking steroids,
but keeping them out of the hall makes no common sense. Look at it
this way, If your kid spills his milk do you slap him upside the head?
Keeping them out just seems a little extreme to me.
Just my opinion.

Piazza should definitely make it. Sosa and McGwire should not make it. I don't like Bonds, but I'd be surprised if he didn't make it.

Barry Bonds (yes or no?) i say no wont admit any wrong doing
Mark Mcgwire (yes or no?) i say yes he has admitted use now...and everyone's golden boy A-Rod has admitted use also and everyone will vote him in on his first year and besides look what that big year of his asnd sosa did for the sport
Sammy Sosa (yes or no?) i say yes (see above)
Mike Piazza Yes or no?) i say yes most productive catcher in the modern era

Piazza was a great hitter but on the other end of the ball was medicore at best. I got to watch him play everyday as a Mets fan. I have trouble with people that have half a game joining those with a complete game in the hall of fame.