New Custom Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expos94

Prospect
Working on some new cards... waddya think? The grungy faded look is on purpose to create a lighter background for the autograph... mocked up examples of cards with autos shown as well to show what I mean...

0new5.jpg
0new2.jpg
0new1.jpg
0new3.jpg
0new4.jpg

0new6.jpg
0new7.jpg

I like them alot. What do you print them on that you get them to print to full bleed. My printer's smallest settings are 2.17 x 3.58, which means I have to leave a small border on my customs.

I like them alot. What do you print them on that you get them to print to full bleed. My printer's smallest settings are 2.17 x 3.58, which means I have to leave a small border on my customs.

thanks!

I print them on full 8.5x11 sheets (9 to a sheet) then cut them with an exacto knife... that's how I get the bleed.

I think they are excellent. Even if they sign in pen, the signature should stand out well against the light background.

they look nice. awful lot of white, lol, but they really do look nice, and clean. the auto's will look great on them.

daktion made me a walter payton card, i know he uses the thick blank fillers from packs.

but i suppose you could use a heavy stock construction paper or something.

paul

Do you make them with backs? What type of stock do you print them on?

I print them on photo paper... similar to what you typically see for 8x10 glossy's... It's specifically Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper... and I have an Epson Photo Printer so they work well together.

it doesn't really give the typical baseball card "feel" when you hold them, but when I look at the cards in my binders or toploaders, you can't tell the difference. And I hope to one day frame my collection or display them in some way behind glass... it won't really matter that they don't "feel" like true baseball cards.

I only make customs of Expos who never had a card issued of them in Expos unis...

oh... and no, I don't print backs... when I first started this years ago, I designed a few backs but it was alot of work for something that won't be seen once displayed anyway... and there are 2 sided photo papers out there, but getting the 2 sides to lineup perfectly would also create more trial and error work.