New Layout?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rabs

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
So logging in today the background of the site is white and no longer the typical wood grain like it has always been for me.

Sorry if I missed a communication about this but I looked and didn't see one.

Is there a way to change it back?

Thanks.

You're right.......if u need to change it.....go straight to the bottom.......theres a click on near the bottom with " the Bench" on it......you can change the color of the background.........Hope this helps. Best regards, David

Yes I tried that already but it still doesn't look like it did in the past with any of those options.

I have it on "The Bench" but all the posts show up with a white background now and that's not the way it was.

I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag until it was closer to happening, but we're soon going to be upgrading the site to a newer software. This version of vBulletin was at its end of life years ago, and the new version just isn't that great. So, I've been working on this theme to make it look as close to what will be the new one as possible. So, what we'll have when we upgrade are 2 primary themes. One that looks much like this, and a dark theme. I haven't started working on the dark theme yet, but I'll likely get to it this week. When I do get it finished, I'll update this thread to let you know it's there so you can choose it instead.

I started on the light theme first because I've already had a fair amount of people express their dislike of the dark background, and I wasn't a fan myself. For me, things were hard to read, especially the blue links.

Before anyone asks, I'm not sure when the upgrade will take place. I'm currently working on re-writing everything and I'm still a good amount of time away. I can say that it will be sometime this year, though.

I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag until it was closer to happening, but we're soon going to be upgrading the site to a newer software. This version of vBulletin was at its end of life years ago, and the new version just isn't that great. So, I've been working on this theme to make it look as close to what will be the new one as possible. So, what we'll have when we upgrade are 2 primary themes. One that looks much like this, and a dark theme. I haven't started working on the dark theme yet, but I'll likely get to it this week. When I do get it finished, I'll update this thread to let you know it's there so you can choose it instead.

I started on the light theme first because I've already had a fair amount of people express their dislike of the dark background, and I wasn't a fan myself. For me, things were hard to read, especially the blue links.

Before anyone asks, I'm not sure when the upgrade will take place. I'm currently working on re-writing everything and I'm still a good amount of time away. I can say that it will be sometime this year, though.

Thanks for the info. Yes some things were very hard to read and you had to highlight to see. But the dark background is good especially at night on your eyes. So having a dark mode option will help.