New to The Bench....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrostyCollects

Prospect
Hi everyone,

I recently joined this forum in an attempt to find more collectors who are into Gypsy Queen but realized I have yet to introduce myself to the community.

It all started with Star Wars trading cards back in 1977...that's all I collected until '84 when I became fixated on Tigers baseball when they stormed their way to win the World Series. That's what got me into baseball cards in the first place. It only lasted until around '90 when I just lost interest and moved on to other things.

I became interested in gaming cards because of unique artwork, not for playing (no one to play with locally)...went for Shadowfist when it first came out in '95 and still collect that series to this day. Seeing Tigers' return to the World Series in '06 did reignite my interest in baseball cards. I decided to focus on Magglio Ordonez aka Maggs since he's still underrated by many...which means his cards are affordable to collect.

After a few years of just collecting Maggs, things got kind of monotonous so I decided to collect a few other things...some of them being Americana Hollywood Legends swatches (now just jumbos), Stargate and now Gypsy Queen (leather & sepia minis in particular).

I did try to do some baseball card box busting...that ws for 2009 Topps Heritage. I liked the '60 Topps layout but that's it for baseball. I still bust non-sport card boxes on occasion. Well, that's about it for now. Sounds kind of boring here, eh?

Well, I hope I'll end up making good friends with some of you here. I'll be working on card galleries and post them in the near future....maybe some of you will appreciate some of it.

If anyone happens to have jumbo swatches from Americana Hollywood/Matinee Legends or Gypsy Queen leather & sepia minis #ed 1/xx or last/xx, please drop me a PM. That'd be beyond awesome.

Happy Collecting,

Frosty