New trader signing on from North Carolina!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iskabibbal

Bench Warmer
Hey Folks,

I'm new to this site and its trading rules but I hope to learn soon.

I'm a HUGE, life-long Minnesota Twins fans...in fact, I'm a 3rd generation fan. How can that be? Well, my Grandfather was a Senators fan before the franchise moved to the twin cities to become the Minnesota Twins. As far as I can recall I've been a Twins fan ever since I can remember asking my Dad who his favorite team was and the rest is history.

The days of putting together sets from different companies are history for me as I find it impossible for my finances to keep pace with my collecting desires. In the early 1990's I sold out the majority of my vast collection. Today, I focus on what the cards I like and rarely finish sets that have more that 3 digits when they are completed.

I look forward to meeting folks who enjoy the hobby of card collecting and I hope you'll exercise tolerance with me as I learn this site and ask my rookie questions!

All the best!
-iskabibbal

Welcome to the Bench! Feel free to ask any questions you may have as I'm sure there are plenty of members here that'll be more than happy to answer & help you along.

Welcome aboard. There are several Twins collectors on this site so you may be able to mine some of their doubles.

Welcome! Which part of NC are you in? Have you checked out any cards shows in the area? Insidepitchpromotions.com has a calendar of shows that generally rotate among Hickory, Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh.

Scott

Welcome to The Bench. I beleive the early 90's were a good time to sell and not a good time to buy. It's seems there was a window when anuything would sell for a good price. After the 1988 world series, when the Dodgers wom, I paid $3 for a Mickey Hatcher rookie card. Hatcher was a series hero. What a steal.

Dave