Next Long BEach state game coach is......set collectors/team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdahlk2001

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Ed Sprague! coach for pacific and they play APRIL 1st!!
any set collectors or team collectors if u have a card u need signed LMK!!!
i myself is going to get a baseball auto and inscribed w/ "only player ever to win a College World Series, Olympic Gold Medal and a Major League Baseball World Series"

if he will that is... cool little info on him. here is his break down and teams
Between the lines, Sprague's arrival brought a championship pedigree to Pacific Baseball as he was the starting third baseman on the 1987 and 1988 NCAA Championship teams at Stanford. He finished his career among the school's all-time leaders in home runs (2nd with 41) and RBI (4th with 178). A 1988 All-American, he hit .339 with 22 home runs and 81 RBI. He was also a two-time All Pac-10 Conference selection in 1987 and 1988. For his accomplishments, Ed was a 2002 inductee into the Stanford Athletic Hall of Fame. In the summer of 1988, Sprague collected another championship as he won a Gold Medal with USA Baseball in the Summer Olympics.

Following his collegiate career, Ed was selected in the first round of the 1988 draft by the Toronto Blue Jays. He made it to the Major Leagues in 1991 with the Blue Jays and enjoyed an 11-year career as a big leaguer. His knack for winning championships continued at the major league level as Sprague helped the Blue Jays win back-to-back World Series Championships in 1992 and 1993. Later in his career, as a Pittsburgh Pirate, Sprague earned a selection to the 1999 All-Star Game. Sprague hit 152 career home runs and tallied 558 RBI, including single-season bests with 36 home runs and 101 RBI in 1996 with Toronto. He also played with the Boston Red Sox, Oakland A's, Seattle Mariners and San Diego Padres.

Ed's decorated playing career marks him as the only player ever to win a College World Series, Olympic Gold Medal and a Major League Baseball World Series.

A Stockton native, Sprague returned to his home prior to the the 2003 season as an assistant coach at St. Mary's High School, helping the Rams to a Sac-Joaquin Section playoff berth. The following summer he took over as the 16th head baseball coach for Pacific. Sprague is one of two Olympic athletes in his family as his wife of 16 years, Kristen Babb Sprague, was an Olympic gold medalist in synchronized swimming in 1992. Ed and Kristen have four children, Payton (15), Jed (13), Paris (10) and John (3).

drop me a email or PM

SORRY NO NEWBIES... Only for members w/ 20+ trades. if u have extra cards of him please set aside so i can give to him.

Last edited:
Ed Sprague! coach for pacific and they play APRIL 1st!!
any set collectors or team collectors if u have a card u need signed LMK!!!
i myself is going to get a baseball auto and inscribed w/ "only player ever to win a College World Series, Olympic Gold Medal and a Major League Baseball World Series"

if he will that is... cool little info on him. here is his break down and teams
Between the lines, Sprague's arrival brought a championship pedigree to Pacific Baseball as he was the starting third baseman on the 1987 and 1988 NCAA Championship teams at Stanford. He finished his career among the school's all-time leaders in home runs (2nd with 41) and RBI (4th with 178). A 1988 All-American, he hit .339 with 22 home runs and 81 RBI. He was also a two-time All Pac-10 Conference selection in 1987 and 1988. For his accomplishments, Ed was a 2002 inductee into the Stanford Athletic Hall of Fame. In the summer of 1988, Sprague collected another championship as he won a Gold Medal with USA Baseball in the Summer Olympics.

Following his collegiate career, Ed was selected in the first round of the 1988 draft by the Toronto Blue Jays. He made it to the Major Leagues in 1991 with the Blue Jays and enjoyed an 11-year career as a big leaguer. His knack for winning championships continued at the major league level as Sprague helped the Blue Jays win back-to-back World Series Championships in 1992 and 1993. Later in his career, as a Pittsburgh Pirate, Sprague earned a selection to the 1999 All-Star Game. Sprague hit 152 career home runs and tallied 558 RBI, including single-season bests with 36 home runs and 101 RBI in 1996 with Toronto. He also played with the Boston Red Sox, Oakland A's, Seattle Mariners and San Diego Padres.

Ed's decorated playing career marks him as the only player ever to win a College World Series, Olympic Gold Medal and a Major League Baseball World Series.

A Stockton native, Sprague returned to his home prior to the the 2003 season as an assistant coach at St. Mary's High School, helping the Rams to a Sac-Joaquin Section playoff berth. The following summer he took over as the 16th head baseball coach for Pacific. Sprague is one of two Olympic athletes in his family as his wife of 16 years, Kristen Babb Sprague, was an Olympic gold medalist in synchronized swimming in 1992. Ed and Kristen have four children, Payton (15), Jed (13), Paris (10) and John (3).

drop me a email or PM

SORRY NO NEWBIES... Only for members w/ 20+ trades. if u have extra cards of him please set aside so i can give to him.

sending you a pm later
Chief

Looking forward to taking my kids to see LB play this year! I live 5 minutes from Blair Field. Time to get some Sprague cards.