Nice football card find from a family in Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suprised that is valued at just $10,000 when there are only about 10 such cards in existance. Guess there isn't much of a market for pre-1900s football cards.

Suprised that is valued at just $10,000 when there are only about 10 such cards in existance. Guess there isn't much of a market for pre-1900s football cards.

Agreed. Since some of those late-1990's basketball inserts are fetching several thousand dollars each, buying something like these football cards seems like a fantastic investment for someone with some extra money to tie up.

Tim

I see that on yahoo. Awesome find for them. I can't believe only 10,000 as well with only 10 in existence.

Great find! So good things do indeed happen in the state of Michigan... :)

Yeah, it gotta be way more than a mere $10k...

*imitates Belloq from Raiders of the Lost Ark* "This is...HISTORY!"

The price tag for the story is just that...a story. When it goes to auction, you'll see an idea of the "real" price. It may be close or it may not.

Demand plays a role too. Football has always played second fiddle to baseball and the card is a collegiate player to boot. Yes, there are collectors who probably want it for the novelty/history and will pay a healthy price for one, but it's not like seeking the holy grail of baseball cards... a Hall of Famer, a highly recognizable name and one of the greatest baseball players of all time on an equally rare card.

I can't get over the semi-rigid card holders...who still uses those?!?