No longer receiving Email notifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bengyax

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hi - I am no longer receiving email notifications in Yahoo mail. I double checked to see if changed something on my bench account settings, but all good. I also didn't accidently block in my yahoo account.

I know that they updated their spam filters recently, possibly causing the issue? Is there an email I should add to my "trusted" accounts in yahoo?

Any help would be appreciated!

--Ben

Same for me. What I do now is refresh the Bench page periodically and look for any small red numbers on the envelope and bell icons that would indicate I have a direct message or a reply to a subscribed thread.

Last edited:
Have you all checked your spam folders to see if the emails are there? I'd imagine it comes down to either the emails being marked as spam or a mis-configured email server.

Assuming the server hasn't changed, I'd expect that the emails are being marked as spam by the receiving mail server.

Do you all happen to have Yahoo email addresses?

@Mike121 - I have been keeping an eye on Spam folder, no luck in there. I have Yahoo mail account, but thinking that they might have changed something on their side which is auto-deleting Bench emails. When they made the change, I noticed my Spam folder items decrease dramatically so thinking they might have set up a new rule or something.

--Ben

Mike, my email isn't yahoo and they're not in my spam folder.

Well, there goes that theory. I've usually had the most trouble with Yahoo mail, and there are steps to get removed from their spam list, but evidently that's not what's going on here.

So, now it either comes down to the mail server being mis-configured or the email address/server IP may be in some kind of global block list, or just has a high spam score. Unfortunately, I'm not able to help with either of those things so it's back to Shaggy and/or his server guy to figure this one out. Hopefully it'll be something simple and they'll get it going again for y'all soon.

To add some more context ... When I'm surfing other sites on Google Chrome, I have been getting the popup notifications in the bottom right corner of the screen indicating a response to a subscribed thread or a direct message received.

I'm just not getting the same communication via email.

To add some more context ... When I'm surfing other sites on Google Chrome, I have been getting the popup notifications in the bottom right corner of the screen indicating a response to a subscribed thread or a direct message received.

I'm just not getting the same communication via email.
I also get the alerts and they nomally popup ....plus they also show up on bell. Best regards, David

The push notifications, alerts and emails are all sent via completely different methods so they wouldn't be related.

This issue is likely due to the bench's email address and/or server IP being blocked by certain other mail providers.