Not getting out of the hobby , but being forced to downsize....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
apologies in advance for the long read.....

as some of you already know , i was injured in a fire in my home in the spring of 2015 and was forced to move back in with my parents during my recovery.....shortly thereafter , my live-in grandmother developed alzheimers , my mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia , and my father learned that he had colon cancer.....long story short , instead of staying with them for the 2-4 weeks as planned , i was pretty much needed here around the clock even to the point of my dad telling me i didn't have time to get a job because i was needed here to take care of him and the ladies ....in november , 2 years and 7 months after i came here , pop passed away and left us all in very dire straits financially....huge debts , many of them past due , very few assets , little insurance , absolutely zero planning , and mom pretty much unable to do anything on her own.....over the past 3-4 weeks i've sold off a few of our personal possessions and have been parting with bits and pieces of my personal collection in an effort to cover the day-to-day expenses such as housing , food , utilities , and transportation all while TRYING to keep paying the other bills so they don't start piling up the late and over-limit fees....

now , my back is against the wall....i need to move a major portion of my collection....obviously in our current situation , i can't afford just give stuff away , but i also realize i am in no position to be overly picky....i plan to list quite a few items here beginning with a bunch of basic low-end game used , autographs , inserts , parallels , rookies , etc as time permits , but for now i want to start in a different vein....i'm currently sorting through several hundred thousand cards (primarily baseball , football , basketball , and racing) building a few team and player lots for local customers.....most of what i'm going through this month consists of base and low-end inserts and parallels with years covering 1980 all the way up to current year material....

until i have enough time to get specific lists put together , since i REALLY , REALLY need to get a lot of stuff out of the way ASAP , i figured i'd go ahead and post here in the forum of each of the big three sports to see if anyone would be interested in bulk player or team (pro or college) lots .....if so , i'd be more than happy to pull cards as i go....ideally i'd like to move team lots in the 100-300 card range via small flat rate boxes or POSSIBLY a few double-boxed medium flat rate boxes containing somewhere between 1000 and 2000 cards....for player lots , ideally i'd be looking at lots containing anywhere from 25 to 300 cards....

soooooo....for now i would like to start taking requests for teams or specific players and i'll let you know what/how many i can round up ....i will say i DO NOT have a ton of high-end ultra-rare material and after local sales i am very low on such super stars as mike trout , bryce harper , clayton kershaw , aaron judge , dak prescott , ezekiel elliott , peyton manning , tom brady , stephen curry , or lebron james and i am very low on dallas cowboys and washington redskins , but feel free to ask anyway....

if you made it all the way down to here , i sincerely thank you for taking the time to read all this and i truly hope i have something you can use at a price that works for both of us...

claude

Any star baseball RC/Prospects? Main want is Stanton.

Some names I am after:
1997 Ortiz, Beltre
2000 Cabrera
2001 Pujols (Topps Chrome Traded only)
2002 Votto
2008 Scherzer
2010 Stanton
2011 Altuve, Goldschmidt, Rizzo, Sale, Trout
2012 Harper
2013 Arenado, Ozuna, Yelich, Kluber
2014 Betts, Springer, Jose Ramirez
2015 Lindor, Bryant, Correa, Buxton
2016 Seager

I also have a ton of Sidney Rice and Renaldo Balkman stuff if interested in a list.

Thanks
Kirby

Any higher priced auto's of star players that I can use for the Saturday contests? Normally the auto cards are from a lower $55.00 to $125.00 price range. Happy New Year, David

Any star baseball RC/Prospects? Main want is Stanton.

Some names I am after:
1997 Ortiz, Beltre
2000 Cabrera
2001 Pujols (Topps Chrome Traded only)
2002 Votto
2008 Scherzer
2010 Stanton
2011 Altuve, Goldschmidt, Rizzo, Sale, Trout
2012 Harper
2013 Arenado, Ozuna, Yelich, Kluber
2014 Betts, Springer, Jose Ramirez
2015 Lindor, Bryant, Correa, Buxton
2016 Seager

I also have a ton of Sidney Rice and Renaldo Balkman stuff if interested in a list.

Thanks
Kirby

i've already moved the majority of those , but i'll see if i have any left over the next few days and let you know what i have left...

Any higher priced auto's of star players that I can use for the Saturday contests? Normally the auto cards are from a lower $55.00 to $125.00 price range. Happy New Year, David

like with kirby's list , most of those were moved over the past few months , but i'll go through my boxes over the weekend after i get back from the market to see if i have any left that might be usable....one question regarding the value range you mentioned - do you mean BOOK VALUES in that range or SALE VALUES in that range ?

Wish u and the family the best bud.
Went thru ****** Cancer with my Wife and C Cancer last week with my 31 year old Daughter.
We will put u in our prayers.
The Beaulieu Family

Hi Claude..........Do you have any of the low end Topps All Star Stitches that are usually in the Update series? I could use some of those from the past few years...........Don't know if you have them separated that way...........Thanks and LMK.........>Mike

like with kirby's list , most of those were moved over the past few months , but i'll go through my boxes over the weekend after i get back from the market to see if i have any left that might be usable....one question regarding the value range you mentioned - do you mean BOOK VALUES in that range or SALE VALUES in that range ?

Sale values range. Best regards, David

Any cubs,twins,raiders,packers,vikings commons. Will pay 1/2 cent apiece for them. lmk thx Jim

Sorry to hear about your challenges. Best wishes to you and your family.

I'd be interested in any Topps Phillies parallels from any year, as well as Topps baseball Update bulk from 1999-2005, 2007,2008,and 2011.
Thank you.

I hope things get better in the new year. I am always looking for Nolan Ryan game used and inserts I don't have. I would love to see a list of what you have. thanks

Interested in any 2010 Topps Baseball cards I need (golds, etc.), and/or any Syracuse related cards

should have a box with a row or two of 2010 topps base material as well as a small stack of inserts hiding out somewhere (since my fire i've just been letting all the topps inserts from 2008-date accumulate until i can get them all organized)....will start pulling 'cuse material now as well...should be able to put together a fairly decent sized lot of basketball/football ....

Wish u and the family the best bud.
Went thru ****** Cancer with my Wife and C Cancer last week with my 31 year old Daughter.
We will put u in our prayers.
The Beaulieu Family

thank you kindly , sir....all thoughts and prayers are much appreciated....that dang cancer is a monster....grandma is 95 and survived ****** cancer....pop was taken out by colon and his brother done in by pancreatic...two other family members are currently in remission from ****** and thyroid....i'm just scared to go get my own issues diagnosed because im fairly sure im i middle stages of either stomach or colon as well and honestly dont want to know...

Interested in any Joe Mauer cards or Twins refractors that I don't have.

will see what kind of bulk deal i can get on mauer ....i also have several 3-row boxes of refractors...i'm a twins fan too , but i'm sure i have a few extras and would probably be willing to part with some others if you need them.....do you have a list of either haves or needs or would it just be easier for me to post what i have available ?

Hi Claude..........Do you have any of the low end Topps All Star Stitches that are usually in the Update series? I could use some of those from the past few years...........Don't know if you have them separated that way...........Thanks and LMK.........>Mike

mike , for some reason i'm still a relic/auto lover and i usually grab a couple blasters per year and just tuck those patchs/coins/etc aside...i've always said i was going to take time someday to make an effort on those sets since they usually feature pretty nice player selection and cool patches at a fairly low price...do you have a specific list of what you have or need or should i just post a list of what i can round up as well ?

Sale values range. Best regards, David

gtocha !...thanks david...i'll see if i have anything that fits the bill and let you know shortly...

Any cubs,twins,raiders,packers,vikings commons. Will pay 1/2 cent apiece for them. lmk thx Jim

depending on total quantity , i was thinking something in the 2-5 cent per card plus actual cost of postage....i say that primarily because these lots will actually include more than commons - there should be a decent mix of stars , rookies , inserts , and parallels , though i COULD do a commons-only type bulk lot at lower prices.... i'll go ahead and start pulling those teams as well just to see what kind of quantity i can manage and let you know i have available...

I'd be interested in any Topps Phillies parallels from any year, as well as Topps baseball Update bulk from 1999-2005, 2007,2008,and 2011.
Thank you.

thanks for the thoughts...i do have a very limited supply of assorted topps update base....as far as the phillies parallels , i should be able to wrangle up a lot of those ranging from 1992 topps gold up to some of the more recent years...one question - are you interested in any topps products or just the flagship material ?

I hope things get better in the new year. I am always looking for Nolan Ryan game used and inserts I don't have. I would love to see a list of what you have. thanks

only have one or two ryan relics (i know i have a nice immaculate patch) , but may be able to round up some inserts....you probably already have most of what i have , but i'd be glad to get a list for you just in case...

only have one or two ryan relics (i know i have a nice immaculate patch) , but may be able to round up some inserts....you probably already have most of what i have , but i'd be glad to get a list for you just in case...

Great, I am sure I will like the patch card but I will also be excited to see what inserts you have though I have all but the hard to get inserts. PLMK

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtfan View Post

Thank you.
thanks for the thoughts...i do have a very limited supply of assorted topps update base....as far as the phillies parallels , i should be able to wrangle up a lot of those ranging from 1992 topps gold up to some of the more recent years...one question - are you interested in any topps products or just the flagship material ?

Hi--thanks for the reply. I mainly am interested in the base flagship, any series (i.e. 1,2 or update). Thanks!

Originally Posted by reickholt
Interested in any Joe Mauer cards or Twins refractors that I don't have.

will see what kind of bulk deal i can get on mauer ....i also have several 3-row boxes of refractors...i'm a twins fan too , but i'm sure i have a few extras and would probably be willing to part with some others if you need them.....do you have a list of either haves or needs or would it just be easier for me to post what i have available ?

Here are links to my HAVE lists.
MAUER COLLECTION: www.freewebs.com/rjeickholt/joemauercollection.htm
TWINS REFRACTOR COLLECTION: http://www.freewebs.com/rjeickholt/twinsrefractorshavelist.htm