Not getting out of the hobby , but being forced to downsize....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Very sorry to hear about your seemingly endless run of bad news and challenges. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Those three row boxes of refractors, could you give me a generalized run down of what they consist of?

I also collect Topps Heritage baseball from all years.

Pete

Last edited:
the run of bad luck continued today....

had to run an errand .....got half way to the local dmv when i realized i didnt have my "wallet" with me so i turned around and came back home to retrieve it....that little extra distance meant i wouldn't have enough gas to make it to columbia tonight so now i had to go to wal-mart for gas....just my luck....i'm going down a one-way aisle and just about to pull into a space when a crazy lady in an suv decided to cut through from the other side - not to take a space , but to make a u-turn halfway down the aisle instead of going all he way to the end like she should have...

long story short , i got halfway into the space i was trying for and she simply refused to move....she and her party got out and started for the store so i backed up so i could look for the next space...i saw the vehicle behind me and waited for her to go by - and you guessed it - i failed to see the SECOND vehicle behind her and i backed right into her....as if my situation wasn't already bad enough , now i've busted up the left tail light on the car i was supposed to be selling back to the dealer next week and will be seeing a jump in my insurance rates now too....

soooo.....now at 2 AM i'm off to the market (running 2 hours late already) for a LOOOOONG day....i should be back home around 4 or 5 sunday morning and will reply to the the posts already made tonight as well as any new ones.....

I don't need the stars stuff only the commons, that is why I mentioned the lower price. Looking for 2000 and newer. ok lmk thx Jim

Hey there, With your deluge of response I wanted to make sure you don't forget me from our earlier PMs....

Hey there. I trust this finds you in good health and spirits. I would like to know what baseball RCs and prospects you have that are over $5.00 bv & what you want for them.... also went to your corner and want to know if you still have this & how much.... 2007 Bowman Chrome Draft Draft Picks 29 Cory Kluber

Here's a link to the ones I'm looking for...........Not necessarily the Peak Performance ones; need to clean up some of those lists...........Pretty much the All Star Stitches ones for now........Thanks and LMK..........Mike

ok , finally made it back home after a painfully long 28-hour day that was much slower than i'd hoped....

i hope to be able spend much of the day cleaning out the car obviously working on cards (with a few quick catnaps mingled in as well)....i've made a list of everything anyone has mentioned here or via pm and will be pulling stuff aside as i go....if i don't get a personal response to you right away , don't fret - i do have your info and will get in touch ASAP....while i do need to generate some sales right away , i think this downsizing project is going to take a while ....

one additional bit of info i need to add ....while i am primarily looking to just SELL right now and im not SEEKING trades , i would be willing to make a few trades with one catch - i'm not looking to trade for items for my own collection right now unless it's an absolutely unbelievable deal or a super rare (ie , print run of 5 or less) gamecock collection need.....i AM willing to trade for a few very specific items requested by my customers at the market here....below is a short list of items i can use right now :

dallas cowboy material (specifically inserts , parallels , relics , autos , sp's , regional/oddball issues , or a nice roger staubach rookie)

walter payton rookie (need two , one in better condition , one with condition not an issue)

terry bradshaw rookie

any 2008 or 2010 mike stanton

notable 2008-2012 topps update rc's and their parallels (including but not limited to trout , kershaw , scherzer , altuve , stanton , arenado , blackmon , dozier , harper , goldschmidt , rizzo , hosmer , etc)

1984 fleer update kirby puckett

1989 fleer billy ripken (with obscenity)

any tom brady or peyton manning rookies

any freddie solomon (especially oddball or regional issues)

rare eric ebron or dre bly items

any a'ja wilson (i know she has an si for kids cards - anything else i'm not aware of yet)

any dawn staley , tiffany mitchell , alaina coates , allisha gray , or kaela davis autographs or relics

Here's a link to the ones I'm looking for...........Not necessarily the Peak Performance ones; need to clean up some of those lists...........Pretty much the All Star Stitches ones for now........Thanks and LMK..........Mike

are you referring to the link the one in your sig ? if not , i don't see a link in your post....

just wanted to let everyone know that my absence doesn't mean i've abandoned this thread or forgotten/overlooked anyone....soooo much that i'm having to do right now means is limiting my time with the cards , but i'm slowly sifting through hundreds of boxes and trying to pull items that have been mentioned in posts here or in pm's....i plan to add a list of random items (primarily some of my low-end flea market material) today and friday and then use the weekend to try to work out deals on any lots i've been able to assemble....

also , two more addition to the items requested by my local customers -

alvin kamara and juju smith-schuster autographs

lots more to come , but this small batch just came in and all items are currently up for grabs :

1968 topps game mickey mantle - has wear along the borders and corners as well as a short light crease or surface wrinkle near the top

1992 classic best derek jeter #402
1993 select derek jeter rc #360
1993 select derek jeter rc #360 PSA 8

2017 topps holiday snowflake cody bellinger #hmw120
2017 topps gallery cody bellinger rc #143

2017 topps gallery aaron judge rc #117

2013 bowman chrome mike trout #50
2013 topps chrome mike trout #1
2016 topps mike trout #1
2017 bowman platinum mike trout #100
2017 stadium club mike trout #233
2017 topps gallery mike trout #1
2017 topps gallery masterpiece mike trout #mp20

1989 pro set barry sanders rc #494

Very sorry to hear about your seemingly endless run of bad news and challenges. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Those three row boxes of refractors, could you give me a generalized run down of what they consist of?

I also collect Topps Heritage baseball from all years.

Pete

the refractor boxes are pretty simple....i have approximately 2 jam-packed boxes for baseball and football plus 1 for basketball along with a couple hundred more loose refractors waiting to either be filed away or for storage space to open up....these boxes contain just basic refractor parallels to main sets from 1993 through 2017 , but there are no refractor parallels of insert sets (ie , there are things like bowman's best refractors , finest refractors , or stadium club chrome refractors , but there are no insert refractors like bowman's best preview refractors , bowman's best cuts refractors , finest moments refractors , or stadium club never compromise refractors).... while there are no insert refractors , there are plenty of different colored/numbered refractors....i HOPE i stated that clearly...if you need more details , let me know...

Cubs please, thanks!

current only or all time ? interested in bulk base lots or only specific "better" material ?

Hey there, With your deluge of response I wanted to make sure you don't forget me from our earlier PMs....

Hey there. I trust this finds you in good health and spirits. I would like to know what baseball RCs and prospects you have that are over $5.00 bv & what you want for them.... also went to your corner and want to know if you still have this & how much.... 2007 Bowman Chrome Draft Draft Picks 29 Cory Kluber

pm sent....

i just sent a second reply to your most recent pm...in it , i neglected to mention that while i do know i still have the kluber chrome , i haven't been able to reach the box that houses it...i'll try to cut a path through the jungle here to get to it tonight....also , fwiw - any other recent

Looking for any cubs you may have, old or new

starting work on a batch for you now....as for your trade offer - for now , i'm almost limited to selling , but if i can raise enough to cover the bills for this month , i may be able to work out a trade for it...

would be interested buying in any auto's, relics, serial-numbered or parallels of any Kansas City Royals you have.

will start pulling these tonight too....

as i noted to rooster in my pm to him tonight , the wonderful 4-day "free" weekend i was looking forward to didn't work out....spent most of the past 4 days trying to get/keep my pump thawed out , looking for and cutting up enough firewood to make it through this artic blast (and i can assure you it isn't fun walking around in 14 degree weather at 3 AM with a lousy electric chainsaw in hopes of finding enough dry wood to keep a fire going til daylight) , and then actually having to put out a fire in the house at 5:30 saturday morning....

i do still have one more day off and i need to raise quite a bit quickly enough to get a deposit made by 5 pm monday....as such , een though i am nowhere near finished sorting , organizing , and pulling stuff or putting together lots , i'm going to try to post a few more lists of items here tonight and then send out PARTIAL lists of what i've pulled so far....

usually i would have asking prices posted , but for now i'm a bit behind so if you see anything you can use , please make me an offer (either here or via pm)....

i should have a small multi-sport list posted here within the next hour or two...til then

here's the small multi-sport list of items i alluded to above - all are currently available though don't really have prices in mind at this time , so feel free to make offers...

baseball -
autos -
2004 topps retired signature autographs refractors ta-bbe buddy bell 22/25 cincinnati reds
2008 razor signature series 159 charlie blackmon 779/1499 colorado rockies
2008 upper deck spectrum green 134 luke hochevar kansas city royals - SOLD
2012 bowman platinum prospect autographs green refractors ap-tw taijuan walker 56/399 seattle mariners
2014 bowman platinum prospect autographs ap-ct chris taylor seattle mariners
2014 bowman sterling prospect autographs bspa-df derek fisher houston astros
2015 topps archives signature series buyback autograph (1992 topps gold winner) 690 john franco 18/51 new york mets
2017 bowman chrome rookie autographs green refractor cra-hr hunter renfroe 24/99 san diego padres
2017 donruss promising pros materials signatures gold ppms-cf clint frazier 47/99 cleveland indians
2017 topps chrome rookie autographs green refractor ra-mo matt olson 79/99 oakland athletics

relics -
2002 topps chrome summer school top of the order relics (white uniform swatch) toc-cb craig biggio houston astros

inserts and parallels -
1998 pinnacle epix play emerald e21 greg maddux atlanta braves
2002 topps chrome black refractor 642 arizona diamondbacks 7/50 arizona diamondbacks
2004 leaf press proofs gold 120 aaron boone 4/25 new york yankees
2007 bowman chrome prospects blue refractors bc195 brett anderson 31/150 arizona diamondbacks
2008 bowman chrome prospects refractors bcp171 justin turner 62/500 cincinnati reds
2017 topps chrome green refractor 112b (variation - signing autographs) carlos correa 95/99 houston astros
2017 topps chrome red refractor 186 david dahl 2/5 colorado rockies
2017 topps chrome bowman then and now green refractor btn-15 jose altuve 58/99 houston astros

miscellaneous -
1962 topps 200 mickey mantle new york yankees worn corners , light inch-long crease only on front surface
2002 stadium club 114 seung song 2212/2999 boston red sox (korean star)
2017 bowman chrome prospects bcp127 ronald acuna atlanta braves

basketball -
relics -
2012-13 innovation jerseys (blue jersey) 5 kevin durant 93/99 oklahoma city thunder texas longhorns

inserts and parallels -
1988 fournier nba estrella stickers nno magic johnson los angeles lakers michigan st spartans
1998-99 fleer classic '61 108c ray allen 41/61 milwaukee bucks connecticut huskies (refractor line in top section) - SOLD
2016-17 prestige acetate rookies 2 ben simmons philadelphia 76ers lsu tigers

football -
relics -
2004 fleer tradition rookie throwback threads helmet tt-em2 eli manning new york giants mississippi rebels version 2 : white jersey
2005 donruss elite throwback threads tt-33 joe namath/chad pennington 66/75 new york jets alabama crimson tide/marshall thundering herd
2013 upper deck college mascots manufactured patch cm-76 the big house michigan wolverines

inserts and parallels -
1997 collector's choice turf champions tc90 john elway denver broncos stanford cardinal
1998 ud choice starquest gold 7 john elway 36/100 denver broncos stanford cardinal (3 dinged corners visible from back)
2017 donruss salute to service 5 alejandro villanueva pittsburgh steelers army black knights

hockey -
inserts and parallels -
1997-98 donruss preferred cut to the chase (silver) 168 patrick roy colorado avalanche - SOLD

Last edited:
guys , i apologize for how long this is taking , but i just had too much real-world junk to deal with last week to get much done with the cards , but rest assured i am still slowly sorting through stuff and trying to build lots based on requests already made....

here's a very small progress report for those who have already posted here ...i hope to have more specific items ready some time this week ...

sportsnut -

coming up empty on most all of those rc's so far....maybe a bowman sterling rizzo...have a small box or two of 2015 bowman and topps hiding out somewhere so i may be able to round up a few of those guys when i figure out where those are tucked away...

david k -

no luck on big ticket baseball items yet...will keep looking and let you know if i find anything you may be able to use...

mrknicks -

most of my topps non-base from 2009-2015 are all stored together in a couple boxes that got misplaced and/or mixed up but i should have some 2010 items if i can ever unearth them...i also left a note to you in my football thread regarding the syracuse players..

reickholt -
building a mauer pile for you (slowly but surely) and then i will hit my refractor boxes to see what other twins i can add to flesh out a lot for you....hope to have something ready by this time next week...

metsman1986 -

i know i do have a few of the all-star stitches here somewhere , but all i've found so far have been other SIMILAR manufactured patches from 2009-2016 topps blasters....i'd like to try to work on a few of those sets myself , but if you're interested in those as well let me know and i'll shoot you a list of what i find on those as well as let you know when i finally find the all-star stitches....

update - just saw your link with your list and see that most are from 2000-2008....i was thinking of the more recent ones...i'll go back and check the older ones against your list of needs....do you have lists for the newer ones as well or are you not doing the newer sets too ?

hociman -

not sure if i can round up enough to make it worthwhile for either of us since you only need commons and only from 2000 or newer.....that said , as i continue sorting i may see if i can come up with something you can use ....

schmidtfan -

started working my way through 4 or 5 triple shoes of parallels last week and finally found one filled with topps material....hoping to make my way through that box as well as a mixed parallel box tomorrow and get a list to you....

ryancollector -

i have set aside that immaculate ryan patch /25 for you and pulled a few more low-end (items with BV's in the 4-10 range) from my market inventory and cheap parallel boxes....i'll try to get a list of those to you in the next day or two to see if you need any of them and then get back to digging for more....

pmanningsfan73 -

i should be able to round up at least a small batch of Griffey , Randy Johnson , Chipper Jones , Helton , Biggio , Bagwell , and Jeter , but probably not much left of
Longoria , Tulowitzki , Kemp , Pujols, , Stanton , or Votto....will try my best to get a list to you shortly....

t.rooster -

still looking for a few boxes of that type material ($5+ rc's and prospects) as well as my 2007 draft stash....i know i have a small batch (of guys like sano , arrieta , bumgarner , posey , bryant , bellinger , judge) on my table at the market that are buried in the bottom of back seat right now , but i will be emptying out the car tomorrow and should be able to get at least a small list to you then

cornwellfamily -

should be able to put together almost any sized cubs lot you like , anywhere from 200 cards up to about 1500 with minimal duplication ....whatever size lot you like would include mainly base , but also should feature lots of low-end inserts and parallels as well as a handful of relics and autos....if there are any specific players that are more important feel free to let me know and i'll see what i can do ....

K.C._Royals! -

have a small stack started for you....not a ton of big names so far , but a decent stack of low-end autos and parallels starting to pile up....i will try to send a preliminary list to you within the next day or two and then hope to add enough to them to make a nice deal worthwhile by this time next week....

i think that takes care of everyone who posted here so far.....i promise - even if it doesn't look like it - i haven't forgotten about any of you or this thread - it's just been very hard to work in everything considering what all has been going on here lately and i WILL do my best to get a few deals made this week...

and if anyone else has any specific player or team requests , please feel free to post them here....

would be interested buying in any auto's, relics, serial-numbered or parallels of any Kansas City Royals you have.

i still have tons more to sort through , but here's a small list for starters (hope you don't mind me posting it here , but way too many characters for a PM) ....let me know if you can use any or all ....(the price to the right of each item is the current beckett hi column BV)

1981 squirt 1 george brett 2.50
1992 topps gold winners 556 storm davis 0.15
1993 topps gold 212 rick reed 0.25
1993 topps gold 267 keith miller 0.25
1993 topps gold 294 brent mayne 0.25
1993 topps gold 442 kevin mcreynolds 0.25
1993 topps gold 735 steve shifflett 0.25
1994 collector's choice silver signature 81 david cone 0.75
1994 collector's choice silver signature 210 jeff montgomery 0.40
1994 donruss special edition 47 kevin appier 0.60
1994 donruss special edition 82 jeff montgomery 0.30
1994 donruss special edition 82 jeff montgomery 0.30
1994 stadium club golden rainbow 8 stan belinda 0.50
1994 stadium club golden rainbow 490 billy brewer 0.50
1994 stadium club golden rainbow 689 dave henderson 0.50
1994 topps gold 94 phil hiatt 0.40
1994 topps gold 180 george brett 5.00
1994 topps gold 332 jose lind 0.40
1994 topps gold 535 jeff montgomery 0.40
1994 upper deck electric diamond 169 wally joyner 0.60
1995 collector's choice silver signature 66 david cone 0.75
1995 collector's choice silver signature 452 jeff granger 0.40
1995 collector's choice silver signature 461 tom gordon 0.40
1995 collector's choice se silver signature 211 jeff montgomery 0.50
1995 collector's choice se silver signature 212 felix jose 0.50
1995 collector's choice se silver signature 213 mike macfarlane 0.50
1995 collector's choice se silver signature 215 bob hamelin 0.50
1995 collector's choice se silver signature 215 bob hamelin 0.50
1995 collector's choice se silver signature 216 brian mcrae 0.50
1995 topps cyberstats 4 david cone 0.75
1995 topps cyberstats 74 wally joyner 0.75
1995 topps cyberstats 159 mike macfarlane 0.40
1995 upper deck electric silver 182 jeff montgomery 0.50
1995 upper deck electric silver 417 pat borders 0.50
1995 upper deck minors future stock 31 joe randa 1.00
1995 upper deck minors future stock 190 joe vitiello 0.30
1998 topps minted in cooperstown 184 jeff montgomery 2.50
1999 bowman international 298 dee brown 0.75
1999 bowman international 302 scott mullen 0.75
1999 bowman international 348 orber moreno 0.75
1999 bowman international 377 daniel reichert 0.75
2000 bowman's best locker room collection autograph lrca14 dee brown 10.00
2001 fleer showcase 135 alexis gomez 1120/1500 5.00
2002 bowman gold 141 alexis gomez 1.00
2002 bowman gold 149 angel berroa 1.00
2002 bowman gold 199 jeremy hill 1.00
2002 bowman gold 205 curtis legendre 1.00
2003 donruss team heroes autograph 240 jeremy affeldt 10.00 print run = 250 - includes inscription : mlb 4/6/02
2003 topps traded gold t89 graeme lloyd 1478/2003 1.50
2004 playoff honors signature gold 96 byron gettis 37/50 12.00
2004 topps traded gold t98 denny bautista 1167/2004 3.00
2005 donruss classics autographed rc 221 ambiorix burgos 122/750 8.00
2005 topps turkey red autograph tra-jph j.p. howell 10.00
2005 topps update gold uh205 justin huber 189/2005 1.50
2006 topps update gold uh316 emil brown 437/2006 1.00 w/mark grudzielanek
2007 bowman chrome draft future's game refractors bdpp75 luke hochevar 4.00
2007 bowman chrome prospects blue refractor bc132 kurt mertins 28/150 8.00
2007 bowman chrome prospects blue refractor bc172 o. d. gonzalez 78/150 8.00
2008 donruss elite extra edition aspirations 117 daniel cortes 100/150 8.00
2008 upper deck spectrum green 134 luke hochevar n/a
2009 topps update gold border uh146 juan cruz 1865/2009 2.00

2010 topps gold border 598 alberto callaspo 1735/2010 2.00
2011 bowman chrome rookie autograph blue refractor 195 jeremy jeffress 176/250 15.00
2011 topps gold 9 gil meche 1171/2011 2.00

2011 topps update cognac diamond anniversary us318 brayan pena 1.50
2011 topps update target red border us213 louis coleman 1.50
2012 topps gold 145 billy butler 1013/2012 1.00
2012 topps gold sparkle 343 salvador perez 2.50
2012 topps gold sparkle 67 aaron crow 1.50
2014 topps wal-mart blue border 322 emilio bonifacio 1.25
2015 donruss stat line season 12 alex gordon 17/19 10.00

items marked in red above have been sold ....remaining items are still available....will transfer that list to a new post shortly....

Last edited: