Not getting out of the hobby , but being forced to downsize....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
apologies in advance for the long read.....

as some of you already know , i was injured in a fire in my home in the spring of 2015 and was forced to move back in with my parents during my recovery.....shortly thereafter , my live-in grandmother developed alzheimers , my mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia , and my father learned that he had colon cancer.....long story short , instead of staying with them for the 2-4 weeks as planned , i was pretty much needed here around the clock even to the point of my dad telling me i didn't have time to get a job because i was needed here to take care of him and the ladies ....in november , 2 years and 7 months after i came here , pop passed away and left us all in very dire straits financially....huge debts , many of them past due , very few assets , little insurance , absolutely zero planning , and mom pretty much unable to do anything on her own.....over the past 3-4 weeks i've sold off a few of our personal possessions and have been parting with bits and pieces of my personal collection in an effort to cover the day-to-day expenses such as housing , food , utilities , and transportation all while TRYING to keep paying the other bills so they don't start piling up the late and over-limit fees....

now , my back is against the wall....i'm NOT looking for handouts , but i DO need to move a major portion of my collection immediately....obviously in our current situation , i can't afford just give stuff away , but i also realize i am in no position to be overly picky....i plan to list quite a few items here beginning with a bunch of basic low-end game used , autographs , inserts , parallels , rookies , etc as time permits , but for now i want to start in a different vein....i'm currently sorting through several hundred thousand cards (primarily baseball , football , basketball , and racing) building a few team and player lots for local customers.....for basketball , most of what i'm going through this month consists of base and low-end inserts and parallels with years covering 1989 all the way up to current year material....

until i have enough time to get specific lists put together , since i REALLY , REALLY need to get a lot of stuff out of the way ASAP , i figured i'd go ahead and post here in the forum of each of the big three sports to see if anyone would be interested in bulk player or team (pro or college) lots .....if so , i'd be more than happy to pull cards as i go....ideally i'd like to move team lots in the 100-300 card range via small flat rate boxes or POSSIBLY a few double-boxed medium flat rate boxes containing somewhere between 1000 and 2000 cards....for player lots , ideally i'd be looking at lots containing anywhere from 25 to 300 cards....

soooooo....for now i would like to start taking requests for teams or specific players and i'll let you know what/how many i can round up ....i will say i DO NOT have a ton of high-end ultra-rare material and after local sales i am very low on such super stars as mike trout , bryce harper , clayton kershaw , aaron judge , dak prescott , ezekiel elliott , peyton manning , tom brady , stephen curry , or lebron james and i am very low on dallas cowboys and washington redskins , but feel free to ask anyway....

if you made it all the way down to here , i sincerely thank you for taking the time to read all this and i truly hope i have something you can use at a price that works for both of us...

claude