November 2020 Show off thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
kol.jpg

Had to share; completion of an 18 year long project yesterday. The red background card was the last one needed. These cards were inserted into copies of the September 2002 Beckett Vintage magazine (1 per) and never available in the packs of 2002 Topps 206. I always felt it was an integral part of the 206 set, along with the relics and autographs of players. I'm now down to needing 8 (known) autographs, and 18 relic cards. Always upgrading my mini set from Polar Bear backs to the tougher ones, have over 150 PB extras available if anyone is interested in adding to/starting on a very fun and challenging set! Tks, Jim

View attachment 4840

Had to share; completion of an 18 year long project yesterday. The red background card was the last one needed. These cards were inserted into copies of the September 2002 Beckett Vintage magazine (1 per) and never available in the packs of 2002 Topps 206. I always felt it was an integral part of the 206 set, along with the relics and autographs of players. I'm now down to needing 8 (known) autographs, and 18 relic cards. Always upgrading my mini set from Polar Bear backs to the tougher ones, have over 150 PB extras available if anyone is interested in adding to/starting on a very fun and challenging set! Tks, Jim
Cool cards. Always liked him. Ill bet that set is super tough with all the variations.

View attachment 4840

I got one of those, maybe it was from a Beckett. I thought it might have been a box topper or bonus in a box. Were there any Olbermann minis issued that way? It's been a long time and if i recall, not all that exciting for me at the time, so it was not given space in the memory bank.

I got one of those, maybe it was from a Beckett. I thought it might have been a box topper or bonus in a box. Were there any Olbermann minis issued that way? It's been a long time and if i recall, not all that exciting for me at the time, so it was not given space in the memory bank.
Only in the magazine, as far as I know. The individual 206 hobby boxes (3 series worth) had a one-sheet box loader that was authored by Keith O, it detailed some tidbits about the modern set vs the 1909-11 version. I'm still in need of the Series 1 sheet.