Obak Tristar Autos...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrchoholic83

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
What does everyone think of these? Personally I love the set design and the array of different signers, from Duke Snider, to Ryne Sandberg, to the one that I got recently for my Mets Auto PC Gregg Jefferies:

gj.png

The set design is what gets me, even the base set looks great! I haven't opened a box in a long long time, but I am strongly thinking about snagging a box of Obak.

Let me know what you think, Jeremy

WOW! Jefferies? Nice! I love seeing the old fan favorites included in newer sets! I wonder if Dawson is in the set...

Thanks
Craig

While I do love the concept (even though it is eerily similar to Allen & Ginter and Goodwin Champions) and the effort (there is a strong player checklist with plenty of autos, minis and other parallels), I don't think they really pulled it off. For one thing, the backgrounds look very poorly designed. I don't think the originals that they are basing the design off of looked like they were run off of a laser printer. Also, the photographs of some of the older players or personalities look very badly photoshopped. The cardboard stock even feels kind of "cheap" for lack of a better word.
If it didn't cost $3.00 for a retail 5 card pack at Wal-Mart, or $20 for a 6 pack blaster box (yes, 6 packs cost you less if you don't buy the blaster box) I don't think I would be that disappointed.
My 2 cents.
-Casey

I like them, and nice pull...:)

Do you have base available you are willing to trade?? Not sure who is in the set, but always looking for Tigers and Pujols....
If you have some time please pm me and lmk who you pulled....would appreciate it. I do have some Mets stuff, including a Reyes GU...
Thanks!

I like them, and nice pull...:)

Do you have base available you are willing to trade?? Not sure who is in the set, but always looking for Tigers and Pujols....
If you have some time please pm me and lmk who you pulled....would appreciate it. I do have some Mets stuff, including a Reyes GU...
Thanks!

Sorry, but I just got this one off ebay. I am thinking of buying a box, and if I do I'll let you know.

I am on the fence with this set I have bought about eight packs so far I got some real nice cards no auto's yet but several mini's.
I like the design but some aspects of the set is suspect But I am still drawn to it!
I am currently in search of the variant Bo Jackson's, base and variants of Austin Jackson as well as jason heyward!
~thanks
Chris