October 2020 - Show Off Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just made the trade today so it's not in hand yet but too jazzed NOT to share it. I know most aren't really into golf cards but I've been looking for this card for a few years and I happened to find something who had one that took modern cards in trade (traded a 2018-19 Panini Prizm Luka Doncic RC for it). Here it is:

50531601327_01ce4c593f_c.jpg50383993707_c690f92c47_c by Brett Blair, on Flickr

1926 Lambert & Butler Who's Who in Sport Bobby Jones RC
I know Luka Doncic cards are all the rage these days but I cannot imagine you won't come out way ahead on this trade down the road. I know nothing about Golf or Golf cards but I know enought to see a nearly 100 year old card of one of the Mt Rushmore men of golfing!

I’m obsessed with this Freeman BC auto i picked up a few weeks ago.
My wife says I’m turning into Gollum. 31D0B07B-7532-4597-8CCF-5DCCD7B7A22A.jpeg

I know Luka Doncic cards are all the rage these days but I cannot imagine you won't come out way ahead on this trade down the road. I know nothing about Golf or Golf cards but I know enought to see a nearly 100 year old card of one of the Mt Rushmore men of golfing!

Bought a blaster box in 2018 and pulled it,kept it since. In essence the Jones card only cost me $20 lol.

Bought a blaster box in 2018 and pulled it,kept it since. In essence the Jones card only cost me $20 lol.
NICE! I'd much rather have the 100 year old card of one of the most legendary golfer of all time vs the 2 year old RC of a phenominal player who could get injured at any time and have his career dreailed like so many others.

I never knew they made cards of any sports except baseball and boxing back in the 20s so your pickup was quite a surprise to me!!

This week's 3 pulls. 2 Boxes of Gold Label, 1 Pack of Chronicles.

Attachments

• img_042.jpg
    img_042.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 4
  • img_043.jpg
    img_043.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 4
  • img_044.jpg
    img_044.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 4
I agree fully, but the weirdness of the collectible industry today can prove anyone wrong in a heartbeat and the cost for a "Wish I had..." moment can be embarrassingly high. I don't like it and would rather have the HOF sure thing personally. I have not bought new product or active players (aside from mostly Dodger roster autographs) for quite some time and don't feel bad about missing any of the high dollar craziness. This has never been about the money for me.