One year into my 92 Triple Play set project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longhornjunkie

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I wanted to do this and sure enough I caught it on the right day. Looks like my first request was sent out 1 year ago, 3/25/09. Actually I sent two requests that day, Dennis Eckersley and Dennis Martinez (got Martinez back)... anyway, here are my rough stats so far. My spreadsheet sort of accounts for duals and multiple requests but not very well.

Sent: 185
Mail Successes: 76
Success rate 41.08%
Average duration of successes 58 days

Failures (RTS): 10
Deceased players: 5

Total cards obtained 85/264 = 32.95% (264 includes deceased and checklists)

Great progress! Would love to see some scans! I remember buying packs of 92 and 93 Triple Play from a local gas station when I was 10 or so.

Good luck in 2010,

Jeremy

Great progress! Would love to see some scans! I remember buying packs of 92 and 93 Triple Play from a local gas station when I was 10 or so.

Good luck in 2010,

Jeremy

I do have some scans up... not completely up to date but pretty recent.
Triple Play auto scans

I'm also trying to get caught up on my mailday videos although they don't do much for you if you've already seen the scans and my posts.

who are the deceased players in that set?

Ivan Calderon (on a multi-player card though), Steve Olin, Andujar Cedeno, Ken Caminiti, Kirby Puckett. There is a Puckett on eBay if I ever want to buy myself a Christmas present.

Last edited:
I remember buying a complete box of those for $10 back when they came out. Had a lot of fun busting those! Nice looking cards to get signed, good luck!

BTW, go for the Puckett!!!