Orioles Fanfest Successes (tons of pictures)

bigslimdog

5.00 star(s)
My wife and I went to Orioles Fanfest over the weekend. We got in different lines all day to get as many different players as possible. My number 1 goal for the day was to get Jim Palmer on an Orioles Crown card...which I wasn't able to do. I missed out on him because I didn't realize he was signing as soon as the doors open at 10 AM and instead I was walking around the memorabilia shop where they sell overpriced game used equipment of the small time guys, no stars.

We were able to get 27 different current/former Orioles players, 18 of which were either new to my collection or an upgrade over what I had before (such as getting a player to sign an Orioles card instead of the card I already had of him signed in a different uniform, or maybe on a ticket stub).

Some of the big ones I got: Kevin Millwood, Nick Markakis (I brought a ball that he threw to me after he finished playing catch with Brian Roberts before a game last year), Mike Gonzalez, Matt Wieters.

Here are the pics (mostly of the of the new/upgrade signatures for me, not the duplicates):

Pie stuck his finger on this one as soon as he signed it, kind of frustrating because he is a very tough signature.

Wieters (I didn't have a card for him).

I was also on a mission to add about 5 or 6 nice new SS ROMLB to my display case which I was successful at doing. Here are a couple of the new ones and how the display case looks now:

Wieters

Millwood

Markakis warmup ball

Dempsey with inscription

display case

mlbme22

5.00 star(s)
Great Success!! Love the display....think its time to replace that Sidney Ponson Auto ball though ;)
Great Collection!

tigsfan

4.90 star(s)
Getting Weiters and Markakis is great! I heard about the new set up, so it sounds like you did fairly well.

Great Success!! Love the display....think its time to replace that Sidney Ponson Auto ball though ;)
Great Collection!
I actually have a replacement for you, its Deivi Cruz SS OMLB and is certified. We can work something out if you would like it.;)

quambomb

5.00 star(s)
Nice pickups, especially the Markakis (I like the fact that the ball is a bit scruffy from him actually using it. I wish I had a nice case like yours for all my baseballs, it looks super cool

loftheb

5.00 star(s)
That is just awesome. You had a ton of success.
I know you're going for the IP thing, but Felix Pie has kind of signed for almost every single UD, Topps, Just Minors, Fleer, Donruss/Pinnini and unlicensed set produced since 2002. I think a study was done and the odds of pulling a Felix Pie auto from any pack since 2002 is 1:6.
Kind of cool with a fingerprint!
-Casey

bigslimdog

5.00 star(s)
Great Collection!

Haha I know! You should have seen the 5 balls that I removed to put the new ones in...yikes! I don't really collect signed baseballs but I have this nice display case so I wanted to upgrade the garbage that I had in there with some good Orioles....looks like I still need a few more!!

Last edited:

bigslimdog

5.00 star(s)
That is just awesome. You had a ton of success.
I know you're going for the IP thing, but Felix Pie has kind of signed for almost every single UD, Topps, Just Minors, Fleer, Donruss/Pinnini and unlicensed set produced since 2002. I think a study was done and the odds of pulling a Felix Pie auto from any pack since 2002 is 1:6.
Kind of cool with a fingerprint!
-Casey

IP, certifed, TTM, doesn't matter to me. I just like a nice signature. I also like it to be on an Orioles card if they have one, which Pie does, but he doesn't have any certified auto cards in Orioles uniform (as far as I know). At least it was him who smudged it and not me!

Benson

5.00 star(s)
Nice job Aaron, I just put my Fanfest successes up. Were you in the Montenez/Pie line that they were 20 minutes late for as well?
After that it was so crowded, I headed out, didn't feel like getting in a line for the 2:00 signings at noon + plus had some other things to do that afternoon. I picked up some GU stuff so I was happy. I heard they reduced the prices later in the day, the BP/ST jerseys were $30.

bigslimdog

5.00 star(s)
Nice job Aaron, I just put my Fanfest successes up. Were you in the Montenez/Pie line that they were 20 minutes late for as well?
After that it was so crowded, I headed out, didn't feel like getting in a line for the 2:00 signings at noon + plus had some other things to do that afternoon. I picked up some GU stuff so I was happy. I heard they reduced the prices later in the day, the BP/ST jerseys were $30.

Luckily I wasn't in that line. I was downstairs. Congrats on your successes and the GU stuff! Sounds nice!

BTW, I didn't post it in this thread but I FINALLY got my Larry Sheets Crown card signed!!! Not only did I get that one but I got a signed ball (seen in the display case), and 2 of his signed Orioles postcards. So I made up for all the times I was never able to get him, haha.

Benson

5.00 star(s)
Congrat on finally getting Larry, he really is a nice guy. Last year when we worked out with him, someone on my team mentioned to him that son had just recently been in the hospital and I appreciated that he asked me if everything was alright (which it was thankfully).