Oscar Taveras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedsoxRCs

Prospect
Back in 2012 I bought a hobby box of Bowman Chrome. I pulled a Bowman Chrome Prospect Orange Refractor auto of Oscar Taveras. I didn’t realize at the time he was such a big prospect. Eventually someone offered me $900 for the card and I was shocked. I held off for a while but eventually sold the card. A few months after I sold the card, Oscar Taveras died in a car accident. I’m not sure why but even to this day I look up his Bowman Chrome cards from 2012. I bring up this story because he died October 26, 2014. That will be exactly 10 years ago tomorrow.

I pulled a few of his low #’d autos too and wish I’d sold them……Notworth much now unfortunately……Hard to believe he died 10 years ago…..

I traded hard for him at the onset hoping that he would make a big splash on the Cardinals scene and then gone.... an all around very unfortunate story, wow, ten years now, huh?

Back