Picked Up An "Old School" Mixed Lot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loyalty32

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Nothing special. I just picked up this lot to get a Dawson item I needed. I don't need anything else from it, but it was kind of fun looking at this older stuff. As cool as the new cards have become, there is just something about the vintage "junk" that is just awesome! What do you folks like better the old stuff or the new stuff?

Thanks
Craig

-1990 Dodgers Target #633 Boog Powell .30
-1933 Goudey #20 Bill Terry THROW RC (A Dover Reprint) N/A
-1976 Isaly Discs #16 Steve Garvey .75
-1986 MSA Jiffy Pop Discs #12 Ryne Sandberg $8.00
-1989 MSA Holsum/ Schafer’s Discs #10 Darryl Strawberry N/A
-1979 Topps Comics #20 Dave Kingman .30
-1965 Topps Embossed #20 Milt Pappas $2.00
-1993 Action Packed ASG #110 Bob Feller .50
-2005 SP Legendary Cuts #14 Christy Mathewson $1.50
-2001 Topps Stars #145 Tony Perez .50
-1980 Cramer Sports Promotions Baseball Legends Series 4 #91 Cy Young
-1993 Kraft #20 Doug Drabek .25
-1982 TCMA Stars of the 50's #18 Yogi Berra $2.00 (pin hole top right corner)
-1971 Topps Posters Inserts #9 Jerry LeVias ?
-1977-78 Topps Glossy #4 Marcel Dionne $1.50

*These came from a smoker but I've had them wrapped with dryer sheets for a week!

JunkLot1.jpg

JunkLot3.jpg

JunkLot2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Craig,
The Schmidt is from the 1983 Topps Foldouts. They came in the accordion style booklet, but are nice for an individual collection when you cut them to size. And no, Dawson was no where to be found. (He didn't even appear on someone elses card in the set!)

-Tim

Tim - Thanks for the info! I appreciate it! Dawson was left out of a few sets from the 80's that really suprised me.

Keith - He sure could! (Little buddy!)

Thanks
Craig

Pretty neat stuff Craig! My tastes change, but I generally prefer older oddball stuff to the newer stuff. I went to a large card show yesterday and found there was hardly anything to buy, can you imagine? :)

The Boog Powell piqued my curiosity. There are a few players I need from the Dodgers Target set (Yeager, Sherry brothers), hadn't even seen any of them. I thought this was unusual due to the size of the set.

Hey Loyalty32
I am going to write a letter of protest to the mod squad for insulting me as older stuff . Boy and here I thought you were going to say something nice. Oh well there goes the Hawk card you needed . Think I will burn it and the ashes will be scattered all over Rhode Island
Later
The Older stuff

mrmopar - I'll put it to the side for you. It's a pretty cool card. I wonder how many of those cards made it home safe way back when?

Thanks
Craig

I've been going through and scanning all my cards and it has taken me down memory lane. I go through my collection every now and then but never to this extent. If I had to choose, I would go with the "old junk."

Tai

Craig,

Nice group of older oddball items. I can use this, but I don't think I have any Dawson cards you need. If you can hold it for a few days, I will did through my boxes and see if I can find anything. All cards are still boxed up from our house move, so it may take a bit of time.

1971-72 O-***-Chee/Topps Booklets #3 Dale Tallon $3.00

Jeff

BiggioDiogu759 - PM sent.

Tai - Same here buddy. I wish I was as "serious" about collecting back then as I was now. I would have a MONSTER Dawson Collection!

Jeffo65 - Sounds good. If you don't have anything of Dawson, please *CLICK HERE* and let me know if you happen to have anything. I'll hold the card for you.

Thanks
Craig