Pirates / Giants Trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesNevans

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Pirates trade:
P David Wells (MLB) bloated contract
SS Guillermo Lopez (AAA)
P Michael Smith (AA)

Giants trade:
P Cam Morgan (AAA)

Trade has been rejected 2-0, if Ed and I had disagreed we would have come up with another option as far as the third vote is concerned, however Ed and I both agreed the deal is too lopsided in favor of San Francisco, I know this isnt what the Pirates or Giants want to hear, but this is the system we have in place.

If the deal is reworked and confirmed before the trade deadline it may still be possible for this sim. If not please revisit the trade for the following sim.

-Nick

I appreciate the system and will abide by it. I felt all along that any team trying to trade away salary and get better in the ML starting pitching picture in the same deal would have to tip the scales perhaps beyond what the trade review team would be comfrotable with.

If The entire Contract of Wells was 100% guarenteed my vote probably would have been different, as I do agree that salary trades will be necessary at some point and due to financial situations sometimes these types of deals will be necessary, However with the software allowing us more flexability with lineups and Pitching staffs I felt it was easily possible for the giants to find a way to keep Wells under 50 IP so that his vestment for 08 does not come into play and allow him to disappear after the 07 season without financial penalty.

If The entire Contract of Wells was 100% guarenteed my vote probably would have been different, as I do agree that salary trades will be necessary at some point and due to financial situations sometimes these types of deals will be necessary, However with the software allowing us more flexability with lineups and Pitching staffs I felt it was easily possible for the giants to find a way to keep Wells under 50 IP so that his vestment for 08 does not come into play and allow him to disappear after the 07 season without financial penalty.

I guess I missed it, I didn't see the vesting option.

I just wanted to throw my reasoning out there so people understand the full scope of their finances, In software when you click on a players name and their player page comes up, The Upper Red Navigation bar starts on Profile > Profile, One click over will take you to Profile > Contract & Status where you will be able to see Contract lengths, Options (mutual, Team or Player), Vestments, and incentives.

If Pittsburgh were in much worse shape financially I think this trade could have gone the other way as well.

Nick - Thanks for the response on this. I'll see what I can do to shave off some of this horrible salary I was forced to work with with.

James - Thanks for trying the trade.

Everyone else - I still don't want Wells or Wickman on my team. I didn't personally draft them. Now I know how Andy MacPhail felt when he took over the O's.

Let's see if changing out ML SP Padilla ($1m contract better numbers) who just accepted a three year extention averaging $1.625m for the minor league SP.