Player collectors: Have you seen this ebay selller?

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Man, this guy has an amazing amount of oddball 80s and 90s stuff. Some cool Ryan pieces as well as most of the other guys I've seen people collecting on here. Most of you are probably aware of this guy, but I didn't run across him until today.

Ebay oddball

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
After looking through all of his listings, it appears that he is quite high on some of his more common cards.

DaClyde

5.00 star(s)
I've picked up a few cards from him. It's like Burbank...the prices seem high, but when it's something you never see anywhere else, you end up biting the bullet and picking it up. However, BAM is much less likely to list $0.05 commons for $1 like Burbank does, and BAM is much better when it comes to communication.

rynofan23

5.00 star(s)
I've purchased a few things from BAM. His prices may be a little high, but he is extremely knowledgable on his odd-balls.

Tai

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
I noticed he was high on a lot of his stuff-There are a few Salmons i need but certainly not for those prices.

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
I ran into BAM at the last card show I was at here in Chicago. Since I was there all weekend for The Bench I had a chance to have two lengthy conversations with him. He is the "oddball king" so to speak and his knowledge of cards of that nature was very impressive. He also put in a lot of time hunting down some answers for me regarding a very obscure Negro League set I had questions about. Top notch guy:)

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
B.A. Murry has been a dealer for many years. You'll find his ads in the old card periodicals and I'll guess he still does in the current magazines as well. He is a contributor to the almanacs and price guides as well. There is a guy who is similar with canadian issues as well, although I can't remember his exact ebay ID..mleeking or leeking, I believe, for Maury or Morrie Leeking. He helped me complete my canadian Garvey wantlist.

Sometimes you have to pay to get singles vs complete sets or for the more obscure stuff. He has nothing too unique for Garvey right now. Nothing I don't already have myself. However when it comes to really tough items like the FBI discs and stuff like that, just seeing them offered is a small miracle in itself, regardless of the price!

NYY1

5.00 star(s)
I've bought from him before. With some of those oddballs, you really have to throw away the beckett BV on them. Beckett is not a good guide for that stuff.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
You guys are right about the really tough pieces, but the high prices I am referring to are the really easy ones like the KMart issues for $2.95 plus shipping. I guess that's not too outlandish if you really needed it, but I bet if you looked you could get the whole set for that price. I noticed he not only had the LK mug decals, but had several variations! :eek:

DaClyde

5.00 star(s)
I noticed he not only had the LK mug decals, but had several variations! :eek:
Yeah, I was looking at that, and then saw someone selling the an actual mug with the Winfield decal already on it for $9.99, so I just bought that and decided that filled the hole in my collection, rather than dropping $19 for just the sticker.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Yeah, I was looking at that, and then saw someone selling the an actual mug with the Winfield decal already on it for $9.99, so I just bought that and decided that filled the hole in my collection, rather than dropping $19 for just the sticker.
Nice! I think the cheapest Ryan sticker was $70.

Sponsors