Post a pic of random sports or non-sport memorabilia you own thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Non-Sport Mem... Lead singer of Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Puscifer Maynard James Keenan started a vineyard back in the early 00's. To promote his wine he went on a tour of Whole Food Markets across the US. I was living in Plano at the time, I heard he would be in town signing his bottles for free all you had to do was buy the wine and wait in line. I heard it too late and wasn't able to get to the store before they stopped giving out tickets to stand in line. I got online and found that he would be in Austin a few days later, so the night before he was going to be there I drove to Austin from Plano. About 5-6 hour drive. I left so I could be one of the first in line when he started, about 11pm. Got to Austin at about 5am and waited in my car at Whole Foods for the tickets to start being handed out. I got mine and it said I was #7 in line and he would start signing at 2pm. So there I was in the middle of hippy-ville Austin. I drove around a little, went to REI, I used to climb so I bought a new carabineer. Went to the pool at the UT campus and watched the team practice. Then went back to Whole Foods and waited. SOOOOO many people showed up! Maynard is notorious for being a recluse and not appearing for autos after shows, not talking to press, not accepting fan mail. He doesn't allow photos to be taken at their concerts. He wants people to listen, which I suggest you do. Start with Eat the Elephant by A Perfect Circle. I'm a huge fan if you can't tell. lol Well, it was my turn to get my bottles signed, I bought 1 for me, 1 for a friend, and 1 to sell. I eventually gave that one to someone here in Arkansas cuz he was a huge fan also. Anyway, with my heart pounding I walk up to the table and the guy next to him tells him how many of what bottles I bought and they pull them out of the boxes they had stacked up beside the table... He starts signing them and what comes out of my mouth? "It's really cool of you to do this." Good God I felt like a dufus! He didn't look up or nod or anything. Just signed the bottles and handed them to the guy next to him and he put them in paper bags and gave them to me and said the exit was over there, pointing to his right. The whole thing lasted about 20 seconds. I was still elated I was so close to the guy! So I drove back to Plano and lived my life. One night on a binge about 5 years later I decided to open the bottle I had and OMG it was so effin' good! It's got a spice note to it I can't describe, tannins of a Cab but smooth as a Pinot Noir. I guess aging it a while helped, but I bet it would be great the same year of bottling.
53570956534_892f133676_z.jpg53570956449_c59a51576b_z.jpg53571069350_1fc3dfdb41_w.jpg

Non-Sport Mem... Lead singer of Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Puscifer Maynard James Keenan started a vineyard back in the early 00's. To promote his wine he went on a tour of Whole Food Markets across the US. I was living in Plano at the time, I heard he would be in town signing his bottles for free all you had to do was buy the wine and wait in line. I heard it too late and wasn't able to get to the store before they stopped giving out tickets to stand in line. I got online and found that he would be in Austin a few days later, so the night before he was going to be there I drove to Austin from Plano. About 5-6 hour drive. I left so I could be one of the first in line when he started, about 11pm. Got to Austin at about 5am and waited in my car at Whole Foods for the tickets to start being handed out. I got mine and it said I was #7 in line and he would start signing at 2pm. So there I was in the middle of hippy-ville Austin. I drove around a little, went to REI, I used to climb so I bought a new carabineer. Went to the pool at the UT campus and watched the team practice. Then went back to Whole Foods and waited. SOOOOO many people showed up! Maynard is notorious for being a recluse and not appearing for autos after shows, not talking to press, not accepting fan mail. He doesn't allow photos to be taken at their concerts. He wants people to listen, which I suggest you do. Start with Eat the Elephant by A Perfect Circle. I'm a huge fan if you can't tell. lol Well, it was my turn to get my bottles signed, I bought 1 for me, 1 for a friend, and 1 to sell. I eventually gave that one to someone here in Arkansas cuz he was a huge fan also. Anyway, with my heart pounding I walk up to the table and the guy next to him tells him how many of what bottles I bought and they pull them out of the boxes they had stacked up beside the table... He starts signing them and what comes out of my mouth? "It's really cool of you to do this." Good God I felt like a dufus! He didn't look up or nod or anything. Just signed the bottles and handed them to the guy next to him and he put them in paper bags and gave them to me and said the exit was over there, pointing to his right. The whole thing lasted about 20 seconds. I was still elated I was so close to the guy! So I drove back to Plano and lived my life. One night on a binge about 5 years later I decided to open the bottle I had and OMG it was so effin' good! It's got a spice note to it I can't describe, tannins of a Cab but smooth as a Pinot Noir. I guess aging it a while helped, but I bet it would be great the same year of bottling.
View attachment 98015View attachment 98016View attachment 98017
Jason Mamoa did the same thing recently here in Wisconsin and with about the same reaction from Jason. They showed some footage on the local Fox affiliate and no matter how big the star, or how much you like /appreciate their talents, to me its a little disappointing to be in the "assembly line" . I understand their time is valuable but, so is ours, and if fans want an interaction with said celeb, no matter how small, the least they could do is recact, or smile, or nod, or say thank you...

And remember when autographs had a little flair???

Jason Mamoa did the same thing recently here in Wisconsin and with about the same reaction from Jason. They showed some footage on the local Fox affiliate and no matter how big the star, or how much you like /appreciate their talents, to me its a little disappointing to be in the "assembly line" . I understand their time is valuable but, so is ours, and if fans want an interaction with said celeb, no matter how small, the least they could do is recact, or smile, or nod, or say thank you...

And remember when autographs had a little flair???
When I was a kid in Miami in the '60s, I used to go to spring training games. Players would hang around the dugout and sign programs or SI pictures for the kids. It's true it was different back then.

I guess some just forget it is us small people who buy the tickets and albums and merch that makes them so rich.

Not a helmet, so don't get upset, rlschles. :cool:
I think this is from '95 but it may be from '96...
Kenny Gant, Lincoln Coleman, Dale Hellestrae, Kevin Smith, Dixon Edwards, Robert Jones, Bill Bates, Russell Maryland, Chris Boniol, John Jett, Jason Garrett, Clayton Holmes, Barry Switzer, Derek Kennard, Chad Hennings, Tony Tolbert, Daryl Johnston, and one I can't identify...
53619748811_f9ea3e0808.jpg
53620082504_b5a78355b1.jpg
53620193765_9bcb274c0e.jpg
Who IS this???
53618872222_c16f8eaeb2_w.jpg

Not a helmet, so don't get upset, rlschles. :cool:
I think this is from '95 but it may be from '96...
Kenny Gant, Lincoln Coleman, Dale Hellestrae, Kevin Smith, Dixon Edwards, Robert Jones, Bill Bates, Russell Maryland, Chris Boniol, John Jett, Jason Garrett, Clayton Holmes, Barry Switzer, Derek Kennard, Chad Hennings, Tony Tolbert, Daryl Johnston, and one I can't identify...
View attachment 98223
View attachment 98224
View attachment 98225
Who IS this???
View attachment 98226
Don't get me wrong - you have some awesome 90s Cowboys stuff.

Don't get me wrong - you have some awesome 90s Cowboys stuff.
Thanks, I was a pre-teen/new teen when the Cowboys were in their prime. Got most of the Cowboys Auto Mem. then. I had an Emmitt and Irvin litho like the one below Autographed and custom framed at one point. When I was about 20 I sold them to a pawn shop for $300 and went and bought...ummm... medicine from a friend. Addiction will make you do some stupid stuff! One of the dumbest things I've ever done, maybe #15 on the list...
53568349396_5ff21d2a8f.jpg

Thanks, I was a pre-teen/new teen when the Cowboys were in their prime. Got most of the Cowboys Auto Mem. then. I had an Emmitt and Irvin litho like the one below Autographed and custom framed at one point. When I was about 20 I sold them to a pawn shop for $300 and went and bought...ummm... medicine from a friend. Addiction will make you do some stupid stuff! One of the dumbest things I've ever done, maybe #15 on the list...
View attachment 98232
I hope the medicine eventually cured your ills and that you have had a full recovery.

I hope the medicine eventually cured your ills and that you have had a full recovery.
lol... no it was very short lasting and the regret of selling those two beauties has always far outweighed the medicinal qualities I got! I just need that one crucial piece for my time machine and I'll be good to go. BTW, you wouldn't know where I can find some plutonium would you, just curious....

Got these from the kids for my birthday. Great for the mancave walls!!!!

Attachments

• 20240330_165349.jpg
    20240330_165349.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240330_165339.jpg
    20240330_165339.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 8
Thanks. My son and his wife do all the framing. They do it as a side buisness
They turned out GREAT! If they were only football legends like Roger Staubach and Emmitt Smith they would be out of this world! I kid, I kid... those 2 guys are known by any sports fan, even if they don't follow baseball like me.

Got these from the kids for my birthday. Great for the mancave walls!!!!
can you believe they were teammates! imagine what the Cubs would have been with Brock joining Banks, Santo, Williams and Jenkins. the other guys were pretty good too, Holtzman and Beckert and Kessinger and Hundley.

Hard to follow that! So I will not try the least bit... Finally figured out where this came from, kinda, I'm sure one of the sports encyclopedias on here knows more. It's a pin made for Guy's Potato Chips in 1965. Maybe as a giveaway/promotion...
53569773167_ab32177664_w.jpg
53621764170_c545fe8b13_w.jpg

can you believe they were teammates! imagine what the Cubs would have been with Brock joining Banks, Santo, Williams and Jenkins. the other guys were pretty good too, Holtzman and Beckert and Kessinger and Hundley.
they may not have had to wait 108 years to win another World Series. But even so those 84 and 89 teams were pretty solid as well. By the time it got to 03, I think it was a matter of just getting over that hump, and then some guy named Bartman tried to grab a souvenir. But just like a couple other infamous game 6 incidents, they still had game 7 to make up for it and failed.

Here's a cool one. 1937 Chevy Dealer Program. Looks too good to be that old, huh? It has a 1936 Copyright on the inside, nothing to indicate it's a replica. It was my Grandfather's and he was notorious for keeping things pristine. (Not the Grandpa that had the baseball gloves. My other Grandpa) He had a '37 Business Coupe stored in his garage in K.C. along with a 30's Watermelon Truck. He never got a chance to restore either of them before moving to Texas, so he sold them both. Not sure where the car ended up, but the truck was bought by a local car dealer and he restored it for parades and what not.
53650315792_c4b8b35862.jpg
53651187811_d0e974c81a_c.jpg

How 'bout something a bit controversial today?? Found this in my Grandma's library of books, she didn't know what it was. Said she just got it at an estate sale because it's in German. Yes, I'm part German, but also alot of English... Well, I looked into it and this is a first edition printed in 1934. The 1941 stamp may have been added after the war. It's by ******'s personal press officer, which means he was with ****** ALL THE TIME. It's about ******'s rise to Chancellor from the late 20's in beer halls to massive rallies before he was elected in '33.
Do not be confused... I do not condone ANY **** propaganda and it's not like this will be placed on my mantle. It's a piece of history, and that's how I see it, nothing else. ******'s is one of the most interesting stories of all-time and learning how he became so powerful should be a reminder that there are people out there with the passion and will power to change the world for the worse and if we DON'T remember that, we will pay an ultimate price again as human beings.
"With ****** on the Road to Power"
53658801985_3c78b117ec.jpg
True **** $#!t
53658559868_551d98ccf3_n.jpg
Copyright 1934
53658687409_746c6a089b_w.jpg