post office paranoia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trapped212

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
OK, I'm sure it's just me, but I haven't received a TTM back in the mail in 10 days and I am just convinced that there is someone at the P.O. padding their collection with my work. Of course I know it's not true, and I even mailed a request out to Bobby Doerr to prove that I was getting mail. Well, that was 8 days ago and not yet, but this week I'm sure. We have 77 requests out, and many of those were players who have signed through the year. Of course, I know this time of year is crazy for most players, but the ones out of the race, what else do they have to do? Besides play the game still. My letters and envelopes are hand written. A brief intro, a comment on the player or their team, a sincere auto request for our heritage set, a well wish for the future, and signed by my son and myself. About 8 -10 lines total. I change the letter if I am writing to more than one player on the same team. Nothing more embarrassing than that.
Again, I know I'm paranoid and that they are out there, I guess I just want to see an envelope pop up every now and then. Even if it is from Chris Nelson, who I sent to on the Angels.

P.S. Someone had a Chase Headley autographed high number for sale on ebay at 2.99 dlvd. Since I was 0/2 on him so far this year and it was a high number, I bought it. I know. But like my son said, when ours comes, just trade it off. Smart kid. OK I feel better.

Well, I guess all is well with the universe. Our Bobby Doerr TTM came back today after 9 days. He signed a 2013 allen and ginter for us. Added HOF. Very cool. So the test run worked. Now, if we can just figure out how to handle that Syria situation.

I was wondering the same thing. I posted a thread in the "successes" that I had been shut out for a week on my 1979 Topps and went on to list the 70 or so cards outstanding dating back to December.

I sent out some "sure things" and got back Al Hrabosky, Grant Jackson, and Tippy Martinez this week. And Ken Holtzman came in form July.

Still hoping to pull in some of the MIAs.

It's been since September 1st that we had a hit for our 2013 topps heritage set. Sent to a lot of guys who were reported as signers on the boards. Who would be more inclined to be burned on signing TTM, teams that are out of the playoff hunt, or teams that still have to trudge through October? Either way, they must all just be burnt, except the insanely good ones like Neshek, Lowrie, ... guess I have to stop always thinking the worst...but I do live in palm beach county so...

Not into the ttm stuff...but the last few days...Its seems the California mail is starting to slow down..early christmas shopping? Best regards, David

David, Aaaaaaaaaaugh! No! Although I have noticed a trend that the 2.07 packages only come twice a week. Magazines and inserts the other two days, and regular bills are every day.
One of my other testers was sending $5 to Wade Boggs for his children's hospital and he signed an Allen and Ginter 2013 for us. Took 10 days. Bud Selig is the 3rd tester I sent.
Nothing from MLB. Keeping the faith.

Trifecta was completed, Bud Selig came back in twelve days. Signed a 2013 allen and ginter black sharpie. All 3 A & G returned in less than two weeks, not an active player since the 1st. Maybe I just should mail A and G's to Kaline and Niekro.

None all week, and then three today. Steve Rogers (from June), Ken Singleton, and Fred Stanley.

Maybe I only get letters on certain days now. Who knows, just glad to be getting some hits again.

Those are very nice hits, especially the Chicken. Still nothing from any major league player w over 75+ out. Went 3/3 on current signers of 2013 allen and ginter. So glad this is a hobby.

Seems that the conspiracy theory was just that. Letters starting to trickle back and I got two today, although one, AJ pierzynski was in my SASE with card, but unsigned. A new conspiracy theory to think about?

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps