Posts and Tradelists

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbcardzman

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Home of the 11-Time World Champion St. Louis Cardi
Just wondering how others feel about people posting big card lists that have no order to them at all, or no year, team, card #, ect. Or the dreaded list that just has cards listed like '99 UD McGwire, of which there were only hundreds of different ones. I usually just pass them up.
I can't understand why, if your taking the time to list your cards, you can't list them by year or team, or put the card # next to the card. Are we just too lazy to turn over the card?
I think if you are going to put up a large list of cards you have for trade and it's not organized or has no card #'s on it don't waste your time. From the posts I have seen, it doesn't look as though they get many trades unless they have some of the cards everyone wants.
I'm sure I would make some trades with some of these people but it's just too time consuming when there is no rhyme or reason to the way they list stuff.
Opinions?

I won't look at them.They make my tired old eyes hurt. I try to list everything by player(in alphabetic order) year,team,and if rookie year,I'll list the college.
That being said,I still prefer those lists more than I do buckets.Buckets just take wayyy to long to look through and my problem is that I don't usually chase after the major stars that I see images of.Although I would always want a Favre 1/1 ,or the nice Brady's,Mannings,and Walter Payton's , I don't want to waste a whole lot of prescious time downloading those images when I know I can't touch them.

I agree that the large unorganized trade lists are difficult to go through but something is better than nothing for me. Like David K, I go through them generally to see if the other trader has cards that appear to be in the vicinity of my many want lists. I may not check every card individually on the trade list but rather forward my want lists to the other trader if it appears he may have cards for trade that can help me. In other words, I might see a lot of mid 1990s basketball cards for trade and seeing as I have a lot of sets working in that era, I'll let the poster go through my want lists which are organized. More often than not, this works out for me.

As unorganized as I am, I have no right to complain about anything. I prefer lists to photobucket. And I am normally looking for specific players, so I just hit cntrl/f and search for the specific player I am interested in. If nothing shows up, I move on.

Yea it's funny but I don't know very many people who do like to look at buckets.
I know I won't do it, although I have seen some kind of bucket where they list the card as you scroll over the pictures so you can click on the ones you want. Otherwise on most you can't tell who or what the picture is until you click it.

Yea it's funny but I don't know very many people who do like to look at buckets.
I know I won't do it, although I have seen some kind of bucket where they list the card as you scroll over the pictures so you can click on the ones you want. Otherwise on most you can't tell who or what the picture is until you click it.

Completely agree regarding the buckets. Unless the cards have tags stating exactly what card number and year, it is a bit too time consuming for me to click on every picture to see if it is something I want.

I skip an unorganized tradelist as fast as I skip a PB with pics out of focus, those are funny. I do find it hard to keep an updated bucket especially with titles, but an organized list is a must.

As unorganized as I am, I have no right to complain about anything. I prefer lists to photobucket. And I am normally looking for specific players, so I just hit cntrl/f and search for the specific player I am interested in. If nothing shows up, I move on.

Pretty much same for me :)