Priced out of the hobby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STLSHOEMAN

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Well I thought this day would never come. I just looked at Ebay for 2021 Topps Hobby boxes. They are asking twice what they used to retail for. Unless I win the lottery I am done with buying new product. I may try and win a Cardinal break just to keep my tradition going of putting a team set together but I don't think I'll be doing any complete sets in the future. Aaron

Hey Aaron, I pre-ordered a Hobby jumbo box a while back. I should get quite a few doubles. If you are interested in the doubles I get let me know and we will work out a trade.

I do understand your frustration with the prices. I have been in this game a long time. Trust me when I say that the people who are driving these prices up by buying all the retail stuff are going to end up eating most of it.

Trust me when I say that the people who are driving these prices up by buying all the retail stuff are going to end up eating most of it.
Especially now that the printing presses are on full blast - take a look at the odds on some of the Series 1 stuff (like Gold Parallels) and the odds are like 1:6 vs 1:2 in last years. Hopefully that means we can get blasters of Topps flagship at the store.