Review Pro Debut - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Pro Debut - M L B

24 packs - 8 cards per pack
2 autos and 2 relics per box!

I received these:

167 unique base cards of the 200 card set -- i.e. (for those in Austin - home of the cows...) 83.5% of the base set....

Pro Debut is a little bro to the Topps base set. The design is the same. The minor leagues have many more cool logos than the majors.... as well as names for the different franchises. This set, Pro Debut, is like several others, get the boxes, complete the set, put it up for several years and pull it out to see who are the big dogs and who are the busts! I believe this is a great set for the set builder - one should only need 2 boxes or so to complete the set and have more than enough 'traders' to complete the set - not to mention the inserts.

INSERTS​

Gold

Only one - Jose Peraza #d to just 50

Distinguished Debut / Promo Night Uni's

DD - Rondon, Nola, Tucker, Newcomb
PNU - Reed, Peterson

How cool is the Reed jersey? Different color puzzle pieces.... one of my favorites!!

Variations

Tyler Kolek

Not sure why, but this is a variation of the base card. Did not receive any other variants to the best of my knowledge.

RELICS

Skippy - relic

Definitely in the top 10 in relics received.... beyond cool!

Manufactured Relic

Kyle Zimmer

AUTOS

Braxton Davidson
Mike Papi

Both are sticker autos (as they should be!) and both look very good!

Pro Debut is a good issue for the player speculator - especially for those who have a minor league team in their city. One should pick up several boxes, take the cards to the games and get them autographed before the player hits the bigs!

The Skippy relic is nothing but cool. It's the first relic that I have received or seen that actually comes off of the card!

Overall grade -- A -- go pick up several boxes and send the Round Rock Express to me!

Duane

Nice review.

Agree with you on the "themed" unis, I definitely like those. Betting the one you pulled is for Autism Awareness.

Duane -
Nice Braves themed box. Any box I open doesn't seem to go that way:)

What can I get you for the Braxton Davidson and Peraza? Any base Braves?

Thanks and PLMK.

Last edited:
Duane,

I can use the Papi, Skippy Relic and the Frazier. As well as any other Lake County Captains, Akron Rubberducks, Columbus Clippers or any other of the Indians affiliates.

What can I get for you?

Thanks,
Eric

Did you get your base set built? I could use any doubles you want to trade of Mustangs, Blue Wahoos, Dragons.

Thanks!

Pull any of these?
#25 Alex Jackson AZL Mariners
#59 Patrick Kivlehan Jackson Generals
#76 Julio Morban Tacoma Rainiers
#?? DJ Pederson Jackson Generals
#?? Jordy Lara Jackason Generals

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs