Probably my luckiest card pull ever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billybgame

Prospect
Just started opening my set I chose to collect for 2005, Upper Deck. About halfway through the series 1 box and I got a 1 of 1 Torii Hunter Lastings Impressions printing plate. Not sure what it's worth, but gee, it's got to be darned rare:)

Just had to share....doubt I've ever been that lucky. I see it's 1:1088 packs. Not bad for one box, and about pack 12.

Hey guys....another curiosity out of these boxes....in a box of series 2, I was a bit disappointed at far less inserts....however.....I now find that two of the Bound for Glory cards(regular part of the base set), are thicker, and have a different card on the back.

I've seen newer sets actually list card back variations as an insert, but I don't see this listed on these packs, and Google got me nowhere.

Are these actual inserts or were they errors? Anyone seen these? Worth anything? I got two in the box:

Ivan Rodriguez Bound for Glory, with Willy Tavares Star Rookie back, upside down

Randy Johnson Bound for Glory, with a Miguel Tejada Orioles checklist back

any interest in trading your hunter plate? these are usually not listed on beckett.com and i generally get $20-$30 in trade for the plates i get, unless they are superstars or rookies! PLMK what you can use if trading it!

any interest in trading your hunter plate? these are usually not listed on beckett.com and i generally get $20-$30 in trade for the plates i get, unless they are superstars or rookies! PLMK what you can use if trading it!

It's possible....I'll take a look at your pages.

Can no one help me with that question about the card back variations?

very nice pull! I'd love to have it as well, being a Twins fan. plmk if there's nayting you like in my bucket/site if you don;t mind looking, thanks!

never heard about those variations

sounds to me like it is just a simple printing error! PLMK on the hunter plate! anything on all of our 5 trade pages, is up for trade! PLMK

It's possible....I'll take a look at your pages.

Can no one help me with that question about the card back variations?

Since they are thicker possible 2 regular cards are stuck to the backs. Older packs tend to have cards that stick together. Just a suggestion.
AJ

sounds to me like it is just a simple printing error! PLMK on the hunter plate! anything on all of our 5 trade pages, is up for trade! PLMK

Going to be busy as all get out, for awhile, as I'm moving. So, probably won't have time to investigate that for a bit....just to let you know. I sure will, when able, though.

As far as the printing error, shouldn't those be rarities? Worth something?

Edit: after moving and getting away from my cards for over a year, I'm getting back into it.....thinking about what I can get for this Tori Hunter plate card.....maybe some nifty Trout cards?:)

i'd be interested in it ....

could probably hit quite a few of your base set needs from 87-07 (especially those such as 92 donruss , 93 topps , 93 upper deck , 94 fleer , 02 bowman , and 07 topps).....if you'd consider such a trade let me know so i can get your specific wantlists and start pulling for you....

i'd be interested in it ....

could probably hit quite a few of your base set needs from 87-07 (especially those such as 92 donruss , 93 topps , 93 upper deck , 94 fleer , 02 bowman , and 07 topps).....if you'd consider such a trade let me know so i can get your specific wantlists and start pulling for you....

Oh, probably not.....I'd want bigger value cards than those.....I save those for dealing with other set builders, like I am:)