Proposed USPS postage increase in July 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I haven't adjusted to the January increase yet. Another increase already? My PO has been cracking down on pwe & flat mailing. Enforcing rules that I never knew about. I can see the PO's next step will be to force PWE's to 1st class packages.

California zip codes out by LA and San Jose have been kicking eBay's PWE to the curb and returning everything or making the people who buy the cheap cards $5 for padded mailed delivery by refusing to deliver them. I have actually stopped using it for the most part on Dodger/Padre cards to prevent a majority of the traffic there since it happened to me twice in 3 weeks late last year. I've not seen that PWE non-machinable ---> 1st class package rule enforced elsewhere... yet.

Keep in mind, keep those non machinable envelopes less than the restricted rules for 1st class package enforcement. I had simple card savers non-machined getting sent back which was actually ridiculous and a few other choice words. I called their post office since the eBay buyer threatened to leave a negative on my account for doing nothing other than following rules and they said, "It's not going to be tolerated, and everything will be considered packages"... Like? Why setup a policy with eBay to use their system and then have someone dictate locally that they aren't going to accept that... What a bunch of you know.

California zip codes out by LA and San Jose have been kicking eBay's PWE to the curb and returning everything or making the people who buy the cheap cards $5 for padded mailed delivery by refusing to deliver them. I have actually stopped using it for the most part on Dodger/Padre cards to prevent a majority of the traffic there since it happened to me twice in 3 weeks late last year. I've not seen that PWE non-machinable ---> 1st class package rule enforced elsewhere... yet.

Keep in mind, keep those non machinable envelopes less than the restricted rules for 1st class package enforcement. I had simple card savers non-machined getting sent back which was actually ridiculous and a few other choice words. I called their post office since the eBay buyer threatened to leave a negative on my account for doing nothing other than following rules and they said, "It's not going to be tolerated, and everything will be considered packages"... Like? Why setup a policy with eBay to use their system and then have someone dictate locally that they aren't going to accept that... What a bunch of you know.
Interesting ... It does seem like handling of ESE's has been inconsistent depending on geographical location. I was shipping low end cards the old way -- regular pwe, without issues until one buyer said a card never arrived. So I started using ESEs. I've only sent 3 that way ... so far, so good.

I've had four pwe returned to sender on Ebay and they refunded. In the past two weeks.

Separate news. I've had notification card was delivered and then 1-2 days later item made it into my mailbox.