Question about 2000 Upper Deck MVP All Star Game cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackatl

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Hey guys,

I was going back through some of my older cards and found around 25 various 2000 Upper Deck MVP All Star Game cards so I looked them up. The weird thing is that mine have a silver foil for the 2000 All Star Game logo, whereas all others that I have seen do not have this silver logo. I tried looking up more about these silver logo variations but have found nothing. Here is an example of what the Greg Maddux looks like:

maddux.jpg

Anyone have any info about these? Are they valuable? I would expect that if I can't find any information about them, then they might be rare for player collectors to find. Any info would be appreciated.

Jack

I have a Jason Giambi from the same set with a silver foil stamp exactly like that, picked it up years ago, no idea where. Have you seen variations that do not have the stamp but are numbered AS1 AS2 etc? I was under the assumption that every card from this set had it.
Richard

Hey Richard,

Maybe you are right, I tried looking some up on eBay, but all I could find is the larger 3.5 by 5 cards which do not have the silver foil. Are these cards rare? It's crazy to me that I can't find any on eBay.

Jack

There don't appear to be any on COMC, either. Maybe it's one of those sets that Beckett undervalues and is just impossible to find.
Richard

I guess so. I checked sportlots, too, and nothing. Usually for a set like this you will find at least something on one of those three sites. Thanks for taking the time to help,

Jack

going by my book I can only pull value for you. This is from 2007 standard catalog of basbeall cards. Im sure some of the prices may have changed. Sorry i dont have much info on them other than what is in the set
Complete set (30) $25.00
common player .25
#as1 Mo Vaughn .25
#as2 Jeff bagwell .75
#as3 Jason Giambi .75
#as4 Chipper jones $1.50
#as5 Greg maddux $1.00
#as6 Tony Batisata .25
#as7 Sammy Sosa $2.00
#as8 Mark McGwire $2.50
#as9 Randy johnson .75
#as10 Shawn Green .50
#as11 Greg Vaughn .25
#as12 Vladimier Guirerro .75
#as13 Barry Bonds $2.00
#as14 Manny Ramierez .75
#as15 Alex rodriguez $2.50
#as16 Preston Wilson .25
#as17 Mike Piazza $1.50
#as18 Cal Ripken Jr. $3.00
#as19 Tony Gwynn $1.00
#as20 Scott Rollen .75
#as21 Ken Griffey jr. $1.50
#as22 Carlos Belran .25
#as23 Ivan Rodriguez .60
#as24 Larry Walker .25
#as25 nomar garciaparra $2.00
#as26 Pedro Martinez .75
#as27 juan Ganzalez .75
#as28 Frank Thomas .75
#as29 Derek jeter $2.50
#as30 Bernie Williams .50

And to clear up the confusion even more, I took a look in my 2008 Beckett Almanac (the gigantic book that costs like 40 bucks) and it lists these cards with prices slightly higher than what it says above, with a description saying the cards were released in 3-card packs at the All-Star Fanfest in Atlanta that year. The important part is it shows a picture of the Pedro Martinez card from the set...with the same foil stamp as the Maddux pic above. It does not mention any jumbo versions.

Richard