Question about error cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgriffey0824

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
I have a question related to error cards. I have found a 1996 score Kerry Wood card that has the top of his head cut off. It looks like it was a miscut. He is wearing a minor League jersey in the picture so it looks like it may be authentic but there is no number and I have a couple of questions about it.
1. Are cards like this often faked? I bought this card on E-Bay.
2. I'm sure there are collectors who collect cards like this that are errors, and a card is worth whatever someone will pay for it, but what kind of value do cards like these usually average?
3. Has anyone seen this card or one like it before?

Thanks for anyone who can help answer this question.

I have and they are called just that miscuts. sure someone someplace might collect them but i would be hard pressed in a direction to send you for them as for value top that person who collects miscuts it might have value but to other collectors it may have little or no value.

good luck
dave

I have and they are called just that miscuts. sure someone someplace might collect them but i would be hard pressed in a direction to send you for them as for value top that person who collects miscuts it might have value but to other collectors it may have little or no value.

good luck
dave

Thanks for taking th time ot answer my question.

Tom Griffey

I would be more intrigued by the fact that it's a 1996 Score card when his RCs were in 1997 Bowman. I don't remember Score making minor league sets.

I would be more intrigued by the fact that it's a 1996 Score card when his RCs were in 1997 Bowman. I don't remember Score making minor league sets.

Do you think it's possible that it could be a fake? I know there have been cards faked but why fake something like this?

Looks to be a 96/97 Score Board All Sport PPF card, the regular version books for a buck with the gold card being $3. He also had various issues put out by Score Board in 1997 that book for $1-2.

Of course since it's miscut it's not really worth anything. Certain printing errors like missing foil can be worth a small amount to a player collector, but nobody generally wants a miscut card.

Looks to be a 96/97 Score Board All Sport PPF card, the regular version books for a buck with the gold card being $3. He also had various issues put out by Score Board in 1997 that book for $1-2.

Of course since it's miscut it's not really worth anything. Certain printing errors like missing foil can be worth a small amount to a player collector, but nobody generally wants a miscut card.

Sounds good thanks for the answer.

Worth...about .01 which is what you paid....in fact you paid 207x more just for shipping the card! It also shows the interest in them - about none.