Question for all of you team collectors out there...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jflan702

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
As you all know, I am primarily a set builder. I use my doubles to help others complete their sets, and trade for what I need. Basically I have completed all of the sets that I plan on.

This leaves me with some serious weight of extra cards that I just do not need. This spans the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's.

My question to all of you team collectors: If I was to put these up for sale, say by decade, would anyone want anything? The sets are all just the base sets of Topps, Fleer, Donruss, Score, Upper Deck. there are no huge rookies in any of these, but the rest is relatively not cherry picked. I don't have every card in every set, but if I was willing to put these out there, would you be interested and what price point would be fair from your point of view?

I know there are some hard core team collectors here, so I am looking for some advice.

To give you some background, I am looking for a new place, and would rather ship my doubles to someone who would want them rather than pack them up and load them in a truck to move. Not looking to give away anything, but if it is worth something, I am interested in moving some bulk.

OK, have at it and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

John

Best advice I would give someone on moving bulk lots is to view recently ended auctions similar to yours on ebay. I know that when I have bought mystery team lots in the past, my goal is to get them as cheap and as large as possible. If I have no idea what I'll get, I have to assume the worse (base cards, junk era, cheap sets, etc) and pay accordingly.

I stopped buying lots because the major of them have too high a percentage of junk era as filler or are too expensive because a few good cards are sprinkled in. I hear stories of people getting 5K boxes (locally of course, no shipping) for $5-10 (not necessarily team or brand/year specific, but I have never seen bulk cards priced that low.