Question re: Topps Redemption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steveumd

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Thanks you for taking a minute to read this.

I have just received my 2008 Topps Finest Baseball Rookie redemption, #10 of 10, Jed Lowrie Autograph.

The card itself is MINT and has one of the cleanest, sharp Lowrie blue ink signatures I have seen.

Problem, the card is missing the Topps authentication hologram sticker. Instead, in the sticker location the card reads: "NOT VALID WITHOUT STICKER."

Has anyone else had this problem?

Has anyone had success sending a card back to Topps and have it returned?

On the bright side, this card is not big $$.

I wish everyone health, best wishes and prosperity in the New Year.

They are all like that. I guess they must have forgot to put the stickers on the cards.

Was there an unsigned version available for redemption? If not, I would not worry about it at all. If there are no unsigned versions - then every collector will have to realize the Auto is legit (if you decided to trade/sell it).

Tim

Thanks for the post

Beckett lists the #2 card Jay Bruce and the #10 card Jed Lowrie cards as AU (autographs).

Has anyone received a Jay Bruce without the sticker?

Not to beat up Topps, I must say I am disappointed after such a long wait for the card. One would think that with such a delay in shipping the card, Topps should be able to get it right.

Is this more of what we can expect with Topps having exclusive license with Major League Baseball? Is this how Topps intends to draw more kids into the hobby? I digress, sorry. Being a loyal Topps & Bowman collector, I am bumbed-out by this.

Thank you all for reading and responding.

Steve

Was there an unsigned version available for redemption? If not, I would not worry about it at all. If there are no unsigned versions - then every collector will have to realize the Auto is legit (if you decided to trade/sell it).

Tim

Last edited: