question regarding the new forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
first off , i'll say i do NOT like the new look ...in fact , the site now resembles other sites that i avoid primarily BECAUSE of their appearance....that said , i will at least TRY to stick around , but in so doing i really hope there is a way to eliminate some of the clutter......on the old version of the site , 99.9% of the time i viewed the forum using the "new posts" button....that worked just fine after i had gone into my control panel and taken time to hide the 10-15 different subforums that hold absolutely ZERO interest to me (ip/ttm addresses/successes forums , bsl forums , check my bucket forum , etc)....after tinkering around here for a while i can not seem to find a way to hide all those subforums when using the "new posts" button.....it seems that almost half the threads i can see right now are ones that i prefer to have hidden....

my question : is there a way (or if not , WILL there be a way in the near future) to block the subforums we have no interest in seeing ?

I have to agree on both fronts. Not impressed with the new "look" and didn't see any reason to deviate FROM the old look. As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, leave the the heck alone."

And I was JUSt going to post the same question. Don't care about 99.9% of the posts that are popping up with "New Posts" and would rather be able to block football, basketball, ip autos, and everything else except for baseball and box breaks.

The #1 reason for the upgrade is that we were running old unsupported software that was vulnerable. The site could have been hacked and compromised.

Change is never easy, it will take some time to get use to the new layout.

The #1 reason for the upgrade is that we were running old unsupported software that was vulnerable. The site could have been hacked and compromised.

Change is never easy, it will take some time to get use to the new layout.

i may be able to get used to the new layout , but i still would like to find a way to block the subforums i don't want/need to see....currently it seems that 2/3 of the ones i see are for things i consider useless....if that trend continues , i know it will mean a big reduction in time spent onsite since wading through 50 posts bragging about a ttm autograph or telling me to "CMB!" means i've wasted time i don't have available....

sooo...since i didn't see an actual answer to my query i'll ask it again...is there any chance of having this featured (blocking subforums when viewing new posts) available to us anytime soon ?

The use of 2 columns for posts and ad's makes everything more cluttered and makes each thread longer and harder to read. One thing that did help was me putting in my ID and password. Things started working better and I was able to find the trade manager. I understand that the change was necessary and thanks for your hard work fixing all the bugs in the system. (smiley face).

is there any way we can get a view my posts button, so I don't have to subscribe, to a thread I need to find later.

Richard

is there any way we can get a view my posts button, so I don't have to subscribe, to a thread I need to find later.

Richard

i THINK that if you click on your user id you should see your profile page that will be led off with all your recent posting activity.....if that activity log includes more than just your posting (i dont know since i havent done anything else yet) than i know you will have the following two links in the left-hand menu on that profile page : Find latest posts and Find latest started threads ...these will definitely bring up your own posting activity....

i THINK that if you click on your user id you should see your profile page that will be led off with all your recent posting activity.....if that activity log includes more than just your posting (i dont know since i havent done anything else yet) than i know you will have the following two links in the left-hand menu on that profile page : Find latest posts and Find latest started threads ...these will definitely bring up your own posting activity....

Yeah that is it Thanks I would like to see the button though right next to the new post button like some of the other sites have. it is easier this way then doing what we have to do now.

The thing I liked best about the old format is everything I wanted was a single click away. Now it seems I have to navigate significantly more to get to what I want. More than anything, there's a learning curve I'm willing to deal with hoping there are solutions to speed up the navigation process by learning more.

I have added the same links found under the forum tab, they are also under the Trade manager tab. That's 2 less clicks to get to the new posts.

appreciate the ability to ignore forums being reinstituted , but for some reason i'm still seeing quite a few posts from forums i've chosen to ignore (mainly from the successes subforum in the autograph section and more of those pesky bsl trade forum posts)......soooo...now just wondering if there's still more work being done on this or if there is some reason for certain ignored forums to be "missed" by the filter....

I am also a HUGE fan of the ability to exclude certain forums from searching "New Posts". This is an invaluable, time-saving feature and should remain on the to-do list until solved. I have tried - mostly unsuccessfully - to "ignore" individual sub-forums in the drop down of each forum. Mixed results with that effort, still many "unwanted" threads. I seem to recall the old version of the site had check boxes to choose which forums and sub-forums to ignore, obviously a much easier process for this task.

I have no complaints about the new look, it does look similar to SCF, but I'm sure there are another 1000 sites that also use a similar style/layout. I come here for the quality of trading and the community. For me, the color of paint on the walls at the meeting space is irrelevant as long as the right people are at the meeting. Ever been to Sportlots? That site looks to have been around longer than the Internet itself...every time I go there it reminds me of the Commodore 64...

We have a different look coming. I wouldn't want our site to be mistaken for something else. We all use the same software so it's expected.

I agree !! The Old one was better !!!! Also I NEVER was told the server was busy so try later !! AT 9:45 PM !!!!

I feel that there are not a lot of new threads anymore it seems I log in 5 hours apart and there are only 5-10 new threads, if I remember correctly you can refresh your page after 5 minutes on the old look and 10 new threads would appear.

appreciate the ability to ignore forums being reinstituted , but for some reason i'm still seeing quite a few posts from forums i've chosen to ignore (mainly from the successes subforum in the autograph section and more of those pesky bsl trade forum posts)......soooo...now just wondering if there's still more work being done on this or if there is some reason for certain ignored forums to be "missed" by the filter....

Can you tell me how you figured out hiding or ignoring certain forums of your choice? I'm still trying to figure this out. Thanks!

Notice theres a place you can enter your pictures....This private to your eyes only....or can anyone click on your profile and see it......and if its public...no ladies in swim suits even if its like anime? Best regards, David