Random or imagined values??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David657

Bench Warmer
I am curious as to what others are seeing. I've encountered more than 1 trader that throws out bv, bin, sv out the window insisting thier cards are worth more.(Not just hot draftees) or a 4 dollar sn card is worth more than a 4 dollar base card.....because they said so??? Lol
Common sense says just move on, but my pc is kinda narrow (team uni specific) so I suppose im just banging my head against the wall. New releases are crazy as well...one day card is 4 bucks, then the next its 50 (I get there's the "hype" and or speculation of their sucess, but it still doesn't make sense to me).....lol and another thing!!! When did a $1 pwe become $4.50 (or a lot more)...rising labor costs????

I feel your frustration, right now things are aII over the place. I understand traders here and elsewhere using the sv that is ever expanding and exaggerated in my opinion; however, it does make me wonder what things will look like down the road. Part of the problem, I feel, is the lack of a common, more universal way to agree on prices. I don't care for the sudden uptake in card values, but at the same time, card values have languished for a long time, especially vintage cards. The wow factor comes when you look at sales made in March of this year and the same card now....

I feel your frustration, right now things are aII over the place. I understand traders here and elsewhere using the sv that is ever expanding and exaggerated in my opinion; however, it does make me wonder what things will look like down the road. Part of the problem, I feel, is the lack of a common, more universal way to agree on prices. I don't care for the sudden uptake in card values, but at the same time, card values have languished for a long time, especially vintage cards. The wow factor comes when you look at sales made in March of this year and the same card now....
Just a crazy example...I had a trader insist we use bv...OK fine. His booked for appx 13, the cards he wanted booked at 60 (a bunch of "commons" @.50 ea) when I asked about his logic, he insisted his was worth more since it was autod and mine were worth less since they were commons. In the end we traded at sv which was 32 of mine @.18 each for his "valuable" cards